Random Questions

The UK isn’t Spain and we were in the middle of nowhere hiking, but in Northern Ireland there was a cafe that only took cash and didn’t say anything about it on the menu. We only found out once we were trying to pay. They took cash and bank transfers, but no one had cell phone service because all our plans were for the Republic, not NI. Luckily they took dollars.

3 Likes

This house is so Boulder, haha. It’s so cute! And so cheap, for Boulder and that location. Good luck!

1 Like

Here’s the best info I could find on a quick search about this property.

https://secure.bouldercolorado.gov/beap/SSRSActionServletURL?reportName=%2FIR%2FDataDepot%2F212_ParcelPropertySummary&ParcelNumber=146136202026&reportType=pdf&pdfHandling=inline

https://secure.bouldercolorado.gov/beap/SSRSActionServletURL?reportName=%2FIR%2FDataDepot%2F214_MainEnforcement&StreetNumber=350&StreetName=ARAPAHOE&reportType=pdf&pdfHandling=inline

1 Like

I want to replace my Google Pixel 3A because the battery life is getting iffy and it doesn’t get updates anymore. I will probably give it to my ten-year-old to practice with (he loses things but will need a phone for middle school next year).

If I want to spend less than $300 (ideally) on an Android phone that will get at least a couple more years of updates, who has suggestions? Doesn’t have to be new. I prefer a physical headphone jack and like the size of the 3A.

1 Like

Spouse has a Pixel 5a with headphone jack that he likes pretty well. I really like my even smaller Pixel 5 (not a), but no headphone jack.

1 Like

My new company’s health insurance cost list is somewhat confusingly written. Relatively straightforward example: For one type of medical care, an emergency visit is “$55 copay per visit after deductible is met,” whereas a doctor office visit is “$55 copay per visit deductible does not apply.” So in a hypothetical scenario where either the emergency visit or the doctor visit costs $255, if I have not met my deductible, I pay $255 for emergency and $55 for doctor; if I have met my deductible but not my OOP max, I pay $55 for emergency and $55 for doctor; if I have met my OOP max, I theoretically pay $0 for emergency and $0 for doctor. Do I have that right?

That’s for the silver plan… for the bronze plan everything is “0% coinsurance after deductible” which I presume means I pay the entire cost until I hit the deductible.

4 Likes

I have a Moto G Play that’s very tolerable, mine is a few years old but I assume the new models are similar. Terrible camera, but okay specs for the cost and has a headphone jack and SD card slot.

2 Likes

That sounds like the right interpretation to me!

2 Likes

wowowow…I love that house so much. The outside space is incredible! It’s so sunny and happy inside…you should get it, haha!

1 Like

• My eyes were sort of crossing while I tried to understand that health insurance explanation.
• That house has a lot of wild energy. I love glass block windows!

My own question: If I buy a case of this faux cheese, is it likely to freeze ok? I’ll save between $30-$40 from the lowest priced faux chz at the Lidl near me, but I also use it moderate to sparingly, so I’d absolutely have to be able to freeze it.
Any food people in the house? Will this get weird in the freezer?

6 Likes

If this is similar to Daiya, it should freeze well. When I used to buy faux cheese I always froze it because I could never eat it fast enough. I’d just grab handfuls straight from the freezer to melt on things and the texture was always exactly the same as fresh once melted

3 Likes

I’m understanding it the way you are. My insurance is kinda like this too in that our deductible only matters for hospitalization, everything else is a normal set copay amount. It’s weird and doesn’t match my lifetime understanding of deductible, but who am I to argue with the health insurance gods?

3 Likes

The ingredients look like Daiya/earth balance, which I usually have half a bag of frozen.
It is still good for pizza and grilled cheese.

But I also want to preach the ease of this recipe, which works out cheaper, except tastes better so I use more

It takes more effort than buying shreds though.

3 Likes

I was just thinking how much I’d like to go back to the days when everything cost a set copay instead of some mysterious, unknowable coinsurance amount. I’m jealous!

5 Likes

Oh! I think I’ve made this recipe before!!

1 Like

I want to learn about archaic, over the top, traditional etiquette and formalities of the past, any culture. Anyone have any recs on where to start? Fav rabbit holes you’ve gone down?

5 Likes

I’m going to try that recipe! I’m all about tapioca.

1 Like

any Canadians here who use something like RBC NOMI or TD’s MySpend app? Thoughts?

I have Tangerine’s insights on my credit card, which I guess is easier than manually categorizing each line item to put together a spending chart.

If you’re traveling in a foreign country and you buy stuff and mail it back to your home country address- do you have to declare those things or is that kosher? I don’t want to know what you can technically get away with I want to know what you’re supposed to do according to the law. The items in question would be clothing and shoes, and just for me, not to re-sell and no bulk purchases, etc.

4 Likes

I think you have to check both - and check if it is worth it. For most countries to Canada, it works out better to pay extra baggage or have a third party send it as a gift. I think for some countries it works really well.
And weird random things sometimes aren’t allowed

3 Likes