Random Questions

I would focus on the tasks you like in the job, versus “what is my path to the C-suite.” This might be what they mean, but are so entangled with corporate speak and such that they just phrased it as “career” progression

So if you enjoy layout and design, or work tools for others, and hate doing X - focus on what you enjoy.

7 Likes

Thanks all! Great points! And a lot I’m already practicing. I guess I just need to stay steadfast and not let the pressure bother me. I have my rehearsed answers, they’re working ok so far. Onward.

8 Likes

I’m looking for some advice on what’s going on with my hand and if I need to see a professional, and if so, what type of professional.

Several weeks ago while taking out the recycling, I felt something weird on the medial side of my right ring finger, near the PIP joint (credit google for terminology). It felt like a chemical burn, like I’d gotten some battery acid on it, even though there was none around. I washed my hands right away. That finger proceeded to swell up for a day or two, then turned a slight bluish / bruised color, then went back to normal.

I’ve developed what looks like a callus at the base of the finger in a place where calluses don’t normally occur (you can kind of see it in the photo). A few days ago I thought maybe I saw a sliver in there or something that was causing the irritation, so I went digging. Probably not my best idea. Most of it was tough skin, it did bleed a very tiny bit, I never found anything. The finger swelled up again, and the swelling has since gone back down.

The area right around the callus is still kind of swollen and somewhat tender to pressure. It doesn’t quite look like a wart to me, but maybe it is? The skin there is kind of hard, like a callus. It might be getting a bit bigger, but maybe the swelling has not gone back down all of the way.

I originally wondered if I’d gotten bitten or stung by something. The callus is over an inch away from the initial irritation, and it doesn’t appear to have a bulls eye pattern to me. But I really have no idea what this thing is.

Do I need to see a doctor, and if so, who? dermatologist? PCP? Is it urgent? I’m on a new insurance, I don’t have my insurance cards yet or access to the website. I was on hold for a while waiting to talk to an agent today before giving up.

Thoughts from those who know more about these things than me?

It doesn’t look like much. These two photos are the clearest.
If I zoom in on this one, I can see the center thing most clearly.

1 Like

Ganglion cyst? No idea about the burning sensation or swelling.

Maybe? Though there doesn’t seem to be any fluid in it. Thank you for the possibility.

Is there a better way of keeping this from getting worse than just taping it?

3 Likes

What made it break? If it’s being pulled on or rubbing against something, change the situation.

But yeah. tape.

3 Likes

I have it on my chair for a toasty butt and the way it bends so the cord can connect to the outlet is more bendy than it likes.

2 Likes

Give it a cute little splint. Maybe a cast?

2 Likes

Split a silicone straw to cover it and then tape?

1 Like

I would see a dermatologist for something like that. I’d go in soon-ish but wouldn’t categorize it as an emergency. If I couldn’t see a dermatologist I might try an urgent care type of place. I feel like you could have something stuck in there and not know it.

3 Likes

In my experience, dermatologist appoints take a looonnnggg time to get unless you know someone. I’d start with primary care and see if they think it warrants a referral.

3 Likes

Hi beautiful friends! I have been looking for some metal cups for a while and almost caved to Amazon when these popped up in my local Buy Nothing group.
How exciting!

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to potentially remove this logo, or if it’s possible?

4 Likes

Stickers!!!

5 Likes

That was my thought.

Thx!
I’m SO FUNNY about stickers. I will only apply stickers to: notebooks/planners/etc, water bottles, or laptop cases. I have made up, only-for-me sticker rules.

But also, wouldn’t stickers get yucky like immediately with condensation through regular use and from washing/the dishwasher?

I love and appreciate your ideas though!!! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Steel wool?

1 Like

Some coats of nail polish? I’ve used nail polish on house keys to keep them organized and it actually stays on surprisingly well

1 Like

Or something akin to this:

I don’t think it would be that unusual to find something similar at a dollar store potentially?

2 Likes

A little bit yucky over time. But i still enjoy it
This is a water bottle that was swag from an old job I’ve covered the logo on. When stickers get old i just add more LOLOL.

It’s not everyone’s style but it’s fun!

8 Likes