Random Questions

I use dr Bronner’s because that company owns my whole heart. Mostly because of the packaging.

3 Likes

Here’s a recipe I saved from the book, Clean My Space by Melissa Maker. It’s a great book I borrowed from the library and while I have been using quite a few of the recipes, I haven’t tried this one yet so can’t speak to its effectiveness.

Laminate Floor Cleaner

1/2 cup rubbing alcohol

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup white vinegar

Mix together in a spray bottle for use with a flat-head mop.

2 Likes

Cannot be made at home, but we use Fabuloso. One time my husband came home with Pine Sol and we had a Very Serious Talk.

5 Likes

It seems to make my floors streaky but please suggest other uses as I have sooo much.

1 Like

Are you using way too much? It sounds like you’re using way too much.

I take a little bottle of it when I travel as personal and sinklaundry soap.

4 Likes

If you have the peppermint stuff, it works wonder for pit de-stinking. Just put a couple drops rubbed in and leave it for a minute. :+1:

4 Likes

Half a teaspoon in 32 oz plus 2 tablespoons borax. I liked it for cleaning counters but not floors.

I rarely travel anywhere without a washing machine and dishwasher find it too drying for my person. I suppose I will eventually use it all making cleaner. In like 10 years.

3 Likes

That doesn’t sound like too much. Huh. I have no idea.

Don’t use it as toothpaste. My sister tried it and regretted it.

(I don’t think you would, but it’s a funny story)

3 Likes

I tried it on a road trip and regretted it.

IT IS LISTED AS ONE OF THEIR USES.

There’s a reason “wash your mouth out with soap” is a threat.

5 Likes

Should we list things that would be bad when used as toothpaste?

Icing sugar
Sand
Dandelion fluff

5 Likes

Sawdust
Dryer lint

4 Likes

Candle wax
Strong acids

4 Likes

Mayo
Wasabi paste or whatever it’s called

4 Likes

…maybe Mayo would be like oil pulling? :grimacing:

3 Likes

Crazy glue.

3 Likes

A bottle of Jack, of course.

5 Likes

What do you keep in your car for emergencies or general uses? We just got a car, and neither of us have owned one before. We live in Chicago, so we’ll need some seasonal items like an ice scraper and small shovel for digging out of snow. Also plan to get one of those sun blocking visors for the front windshield. We have jumper cables. I’m thinking we need a small emergency kit, maybe some first aid items? Extra phone chargers for sure. Water bottles and cliff bars? We won’t be off-roading obviously, but might take the car camping occasionally. Maybe a roll of toilet paper? Would a paper map be prudent or has that ship sailed?

ETA: Oh, maybe some change for tolls

7 Likes

A blanket?? It’s a Honda Fit, FYI, so I’m not looking to crowd the trunk. I’ve already got some reusable grocery bags in there.

2 Likes

I keep an old pair of tennis shoes in the car but I think that’s unusual? Also bandaids and emergency menstrual products.

A few years ago we got a small air pump for the tires that plugs into the cigarette lighter and auto fills to the right pressure. That thing has been a game changer!!

I also keep 2-3 blank birthday cards in the glove compartment and they have come in handy more than once lol

6 Likes

You…are a genius.

I totally didn’t think of tampons because pregnant but that’d be smart!!! ty these are excellent ideas.

5 Likes