Random Questions

Coffee Break! Good lessons, free, and special bonus, they are Scottish so they are fun to listen to. https://coffeebreaklanguages.com/coffeebreakspanish/

2 Likes

Just got an email offer for Starlink “Best Effort” internet. Would not lose our place in line for full service, which has been pushed out to mid 2023. Should I?

3 Likes

I would verify, but if you for sure won’t lose your place in line, and you current internet is terrible (which it is), I say why not?

1 Like

Sort of what I’m thinking. Also if the Starlink sucks worse than our current 5mbps, we can pause it without canceling and wait for the real deal. The dish costs 599, but it’s the same dish as full service, and it’s not like I’m not gonna buy it one day and beg Elon to take my money every month.

3 Likes

Has anyone heard of traditional elopement places? Vegas seems like the wrong fit for me, Gretna Green seems great.

5 Likes

I’ve been to a Gretna Green wedding, ask me anything.

3 Likes

Hawaii would qualify wouldn’t it? I know a couple people who have done semi-elopements there, just a couple family members and no one else.

4 Likes

Niagara?
Paris?
Cuba?
Mexico?

4 Likes

Colorado is easy peasy for self-officiating and we have kickass mountains.

4 Likes

My only experience with refugee resettlement has been secondhand/thirdhand, so take with a grain of salt.

I think it depends heavily on what the local refugee resettlement agency provides vs. what the host family coordinates. The resettlement agency usually provides a lot, but they’ll need help with paperwork or otherwise accessing the resources. It might include picking them up at the airport, offering rides to/from initial appointments, helping fill out housing or school applications, and generally becoming a family friend who helps them navigate the local community.

BN is a great resource for a host family (or the refugee family themselves, sometimes) to coordinate items/help, too. In my local group, every few months someone posts a long list of wishes for a resettling family and it gets filled within hours.

Community Sponsorship | Refugee Council USA has one particular (and probably overly generic) sneak peek.

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

What do people use to mop their floors? Specifically if you have a spray mop. I have been filling mine with the all-purpose cleaner from The Hands On Home, which smells nice but is really streaky on the floors. It has borax and Dr Bronner’s. I prefer something I can make at home.

We bare basic but our mop and our every day kitchen spray is just a couple drops of non scented dish soap in water. It seems to work fine. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I use Bona. It works and I somewhat trust that it won’t hurt the hardwood floors. Plus I like the spray mop design and the washable mop pads.

3 Likes

I should specify- we have laminate floors.

3 Likes

I use it on the laminate ones too :woman_shrugging: The kitchen is laminate

2 Likes

Bona makes a laminate/vinyl plank specific cleaner. I actually just ordered it today, because I’ve been using a vinegar + soap mixture on my vinyl flooring and it’s so streaky! I read that the Bona is one of the only cleaners that doesn’t streak on laminate or vinyl

ETA: I also use a Rubbermaid mop that is similar to the Bona one. It has washable pads but it functions much like a Swiffer, except with refillable bottle and the reusable pads

3 Likes

We use this.

2 Likes

I ordered some sheets to try! We are trying to get away from buying liquids in plastic. Except vinegar. That one has me stumped.

2 Likes

Vinegar has me stumped as well. We use a lot of it, easily a gallon or more a week.

3 Likes