Random Questions

It might not be their top priority, but I get the impression that a lot of toastmasters groups work on these same skills. I’ve never joined, so no personal experience. Multiple friends have had good experiences and vouched for my local-ish groups.

1 Like

My landlord occasionally has mail delivered to my address. Usually its stuff from the condo board, which I guess makes sense. He usually asks me to mail whatever gets delivered to him which is fine but kind of adds up in postage. The latest letter is really thick and heavy and I’m wondering if there is a better way for me to mail it to him. I usually stuff the letter inside a new envelope and throw a stamp on it, but this letter is too big for that and would require a bigger envelope and probably more postage.

Is there a way to simply forward it to him? I don’t understand how all this works and the USPS website is wildly unhelpful.

2 Likes

Can you just ask him to cover postage? You’re already doing a big favor by the act of mailing it.

3 Likes

I feel really petty doing that since it’s less than a dollar each time (2 stamps, maybe?). And I feel like we can go 8 months with no mail for him and then all of a sudden we’ll get a bunch of things over a few weeks.

It’s more about the hassle of me being like “how tf do I mail this so that it doesn’t come back to me and not waste postage/have to go to USPS?”

3 Likes

I think you could cross out your address, put his new address and “PLEASE FORWARD”. I don’t know if that would cause the USPS to then update their “database” such that all subsequent mail would get forwarded. Would this cause a problem with the condo people?

Do you email your landlord to alert him about the mail! I wonder if he would be OK with changing the process.

3 Likes

Is there a simple way to add a short video here on the forum? I see people do it sometimes without using a YouTube link and I’m feelin’ a confusion.

** please think ‘explain this like I’m five’ for this topic with me. :laughing:*

4 Likes

thats what I was wondering, I feel like there has to be a simple way to forward. Also I have no idea why the condo board doesn’t have his real address

2 Likes

I would wrap the mail that was sent to you in paper (like an old paper grocery bag) and write his address on it. You’d still have to pay postage, but I’m guessing not more than the original letter was.

3 Likes

I would very much like to know this as well. Feel like I’m missing something super basic :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Me too.

I think @Smacky knows how to do it. Obiwankesmacky, you are our only hope!

2 Likes

I don’t know! I will try some things.

(that was choosing the embed option for sharing a video)
That is copy/ pasting the link
That is using the photo upload feature with a link to the video

Did any of those work?

3 Likes

OK, the embed link from youtube is garbage. Either other way works. Problem solved!

2 Likes

The URL just needs to be on its own line.

But like… my video is just on my phone it’s not a URL. :cry: :thinking:

2 Likes

Upload it to YouTube or Vimeo and set the privacy so that only people with the link can see it?

1 Like

I tried and can’t do videos from my phone either. I don’t know why. Maybe we need to make further sacrifices to the internet gods for that ability.

2 Likes

I think @anomalily doesn’t want to pay for all the storage that all the cat videos would take if she supported that on the site :joy:

8 Likes

Yea. I don’t think we can afford what it would take to host videos.

But one line urls will embed from YouTube and Vimeo, etc

5 Likes

:joy: Sooooo true!

So what I hear is that the internet god in question is @anomalily and the required sacrifices are of the cash variety. Mystery solved!

5 Likes