Random Questions

My grandmother had several, and they were very heavy - I don’t know that I’d put one in my washing machine unless it was pretty small (like bath mat size). Can you ask how much it weighs?

2 Likes

Good idea! Do you think we could wash it at a commercial laundromat if it came to that? Or are the ones from your memory still too big for even that?

Well the ones in my memory were probably too big even for that. But a small enough one I guess maybe? Do laundry mats have limits on weights of things you can wash? :woman_shrugging:

Another good question! I’m not sure, since I’ve never had the need to wash more than just clothing there.

It’s really awful! We have a whole system to move it out, but I would just prefer to not have to do it. Do you remember what kind of spray it was that didn’t work? Could it have been fox urine based?

I lost track of the conversations and thought this was about raccoons.

17 Likes

We called a trapper and had them removed. I hear that they “went to live on a farm.”

4 Likes

I’ve never washed my big purchased braided rug. Agreed that it’s very heavy. I just vacuum it and spot clean. Sorry if that’s not more help!

4 Likes

Same!! :rofl:

4 Likes

@noodle it might not be the aesthetic that you’re going for but I gave into the hype and got a ruggable rug for baby active areas. They do fit in my washing machine which is more important to me than the fact that they’re already a bit faded after 1 year of use.

3 Likes

When I’ve had bigger braided rugs in the past, I’ve taken them outside once yearly and did a scrub with soap/water and a brush, rinse with the hose, then air dried.

I have the original wood floors in my house though, so this was more about moving the rug to clean the floor and prevent scratches from accumulated dirt/salt/sand.

2 Likes

I had a big one and a couple of small ones for the entryway. The big ones are not washable. Also, my cats would claw them. I don’t think they’re a good fit for your household!

2 Likes

I am trying to stop spending thousands of dollars on pest removal and you all are not helping! :joy:

1 Like

Oddly, my cats only care about the rugs we have with pile. They don’t mess with the ruggable or the woven rugs we have elsewhere.

I have a ruggable runner in our hallway, and it’s pretty great as far as cleaning goes (by the cat bowls so high traffic and high puke likelihood lol) but not the most…comfy? Maybe I need to invest in a cushier mat.

1 Like

I’ve got premium rug mats that I buy on Overstock and they are great!

Oooo link me please!

1 Like

Any of the thick ones with good reviews should work! They end up being about $100 for a big one (can always find coupons for Overstock online) and you cut them so that the edge is 2" shorter than the rug on each side.

I use the scraps to keep other furniture in place (two pieces of scrap back to back with rubber side out).

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

or, use a small jar or yogurt cup youd throw out otherwise inside of it?

2 Likes

Ill ask somefolk…

1 Like