Random Questions

My partner and I have 100 mbps and it’s been fine. We both WFH, have phones that primarily use wifi, and also don’t have cable. I’m not an expert, but seems like 200 should be good!

1 Like

Definitely. We have 100 and husband downloads CT scans, etc for work. you’ll notice a difference if you’re streaming a ton of 4K stuff, or gaming. So if you’re doing a twitch stream of an online game, you do want at least 200 probably. But otherwise you can probably get away with 100 pretty easily.

1 Like

With two WFH adults you’ll probably be more constrained on upload speed than download speed for simultaneous video chat. But whatever bundle has 200 download should be more than enough.

1 Like

Having a good quality router also helps, though that’s not too many simultaneous connections as modern households go.

1 Like

Is there a scam involving signing a person’s email up for mailing lists??
My email is getting added to dozens of lists (I’m getting “please confirm” emails) with no connecting theme.

3 Likes

I once trolled a very bad person by doing this. Have you made any vindictive enemies lately?

7 Likes

Yeah, not gonna lie, have done this before to a jerk. Maybe your email address is very similar not that of a jerk and you have been caught in a petty ploy for irritation?

2 Likes

For 2 hours it was a new “confirm your subscription” email every minute. :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::grimacing:

7 Likes

Go team petty bitch!

5 Likes

Did you make a big purchase recently, or share your email address with somewhere that might turn out to be shady? I refuse to believe you could have enemies, so I wonder if a shady HVAC repair company (or whatever) sold your info.

1 Like

That would be my guess too…I have a ‘garbage’ address that I use for places that require sign-ups for coupons or whatever that I want zero later communication with, and occasionally it gets hit with a flood of spam that I usually blame on whatever the last place I used it with. A friend of mine goes even further (has a domain name) and makes unique email addresses for everything he signs up for, ex <place_that_forced_me_to_give_an_email>@<domain_name> so he knows exactly where the garbage comes from and depend on the level of annoyance sets up a cron job to return the favor, but that’s probably going a little far :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did this. Which is why I know the biggest source of spam is someone stealing/buying a list from Dreamweaver. But most of my email is in hotmail because I’ll give that address to everyone.

2 Likes

A question from a discussion of love
Can mansplaining be mansplained?

• Yes
  • No
  • How much wood could a woodchuck chuck?

0 voters

5 Likes

This has happened to me! In 2016ish, I was on a third or fourth date with a dude I met on Tinder. We were talking about our dealbreakers, and I mentioned that I don’t like when men explain things to me that I already know. He started saying, “you know, there’s a name for that…” but trailed off when he saw the face I was making.

22 Likes

That’s. Incredible.

5 Likes

And yet totally believable.

6 Likes

So tomorrow i’m supposed to be physically in the office but I need to take a sick day. My nervous system has been so on edge for two weeks I am just absolutely ill. I’ve had two nights of virtually no sleep in a row, and a week of extreme difficulty even eating food. With my plans for this weekend, Idk when else I can relax, because I’m going on a roadtrip to visit my aunt. I’m not sure what to text my supervisor in the morning, probably something like “I’m feeling really ill today and need to use one of my sick days” I haven’t used a single sick day since 1/1/2020, so it’s not a big deal. But what do I do just in case she asks if I can ~just log on from home~ but I can’t do that because I need to be completely horizontal in my bed all day with no thoughts

9 Likes

Plead motion sickness if you look at a screen?

5 Likes

Just repeat “I’m sorry, I’m feeling really ill and am not up to working remotely or in person today”?

7 Likes

Migraine?

3 Likes