Random Questions

I would love that bc we are at a merge/don’t merge/keep ignoring the issue and sending portions of rent back and forth thru cash app impass. Lol

8 Likes

As are we haha that is why I want to hear what other ppl do! A lot of options/directions to go down. I will start one tonight after my many interviews are over

8 Likes

I thought we had it well figured out but then Husband said something recently and now I’m all thumbs with how we handle our finances.

10 Likes

It really does seem like something we’ll talk and negotiate about every once in awhile instead of decide on once and for all!

2 Likes

My fave gazpacho has tomatoes, a bit of onion, cukes in it. It’s from a long-gone restaurant in L.A., the Velvet Turtle. You can find the recipe in the Los Angeles Times Cookbook, if you or your library have it.

2 Likes

New topic!

@Marcela @ElleP @rhubarbsoda

6 Likes

This one is incredible on a hot day

4 Likes

It’s been a long time since I’d had V8, but I’d say no. From what I can remember, V8 is very salty and has a very processed kind of taste. Fresh gazpacho is light and refreshing with chunks of tomatoes and cucumbers.

4 Likes

Is anyone currently on Google FI and would like to refer me? I am thinking of temporarily switching since I have two international trips coming up.

Or if you know an inexpensive service with a good international plan (for Canada and India), let me know! My phone does not have eSIM.

2 Likes

Oh we should? GM holds the account though so lemme poke him.

2 Likes

I’m trying to sell a pressure canner on Facebook marketplace. It is unused, but not new in box because I got rid of the box.

The canner goes for $380 from the manufacturer and is on backorder until December.

I’m asking $300 but am getting offers for $150 to $200.

Am I being unreasonable in how much I ask or is this just how Facebook is?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t pay anywhere close to MSRP for a “new” item without warranty, but I think getting low-ball offers is pretty standard online. I would add “no low ball offers” to your blurb.

Also, I would counter with “sorry, the lowest I can accept is _____”.

1 Like

What would your expected % off MSRP be? I thought 25% off would be good but maybe I was wrong?

It literally still has all the stickers on it.

Well normally you can get stuff for a discount off MSRP if you shop around, or during sales. Unless someone wanted that specific model of pressure canner they’re looking for a deal on the secondhand market. I were buying your item I’d want to get at least $100 off the new price.

Also, there are two kinds of low ball offers:

• try and see if you’re willing to accept a very low offer
  • willing to pay more but start low, expecting you to counter

If you have a number in mind, I’d list it at that price and say “price FIRM, no offers or trades please” and ignore anyone who tries to make you an offer. Then you’ll have an idea of whether your price is reasonable and can drop it if you get no bites.

I think the market for a high end pressure canner might be limited though… people who are canning their own food could just do a water bath.

2 Likes

I usually search for similar items on Facebook or Craigslist to see what typical prices are. I typically expect to sell things for a max of 50-60% of list price, less if i want it gone quickly.

3 Likes

An item is worth what people are willing to pay for it. If people won’t pay what you think it’s worth, it isn’t worth that price.

8 Likes

It’s a beautiful canner and I was sorely tempted, but it can’t be used on a glass top stove and it’s twice the price of a Presto canner of the same size, so I think it’s going to be a bit of a niche item?

3 Likes

You’re obviously right. I don’t know how long I should wait before lowering the price. But also I wouldn’t pay the price I’m asking so maybe I’m being unreasonable. I think this is just a cognitive bias loss aversion thing on my part - I would pay less to get it than I want to take to part with it.

8 Likes

Canning season is gonna be over in about a month…

5 Likes

Yep. Drop now. Otherwise there’s no spike in demand until right around Christmas for apple butter gifts, I would guess.

4 Likes