Random questions, postpartum edition

What size do you need? I have a pink one (not sure if exactly the same but looks similar) in respectable shape that I could mail.

1 Like

Medium Busty! And respectable shape is better than can be said for the one kicking around from Latte days that I’m still using :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I can recommend the more expensive Molke brand.

5 Likes

Hmmm, I can’t say for sure if I bought Small Busty or Medium Busty but DM me if you want it! It does have some pilling but I can take the fabric shaver* to it. I also used it for a whole baby but mine did stop breastfeeding much earlier than yours IIRC :sweat_smile:

This is very much what my father would call a “unitasker” but (a) it was a gift and (b) when you need it there is no substitute!

2 Likes

I love this answer :joy:

3 Likes

I’m kind of obsessed with these Motherfigure bras, discontinued but 2 for $34 from this Poshmark seller (or try an offer for even less?). It’s not super similar to the Kindred Bravely, but it’s a pull-down style and very comfortable. Wearing one right now for sleep, actually. Motherfigure | Intimates & Sleepwear | Twoaward Winning Mother Figure Nursing Bras New Size Smlxl Xxl Xxxl | Poshmark

2 Likes

Update: I looked at the label in better light and it is definitely M busty.

2 Likes

Yesssss I will PM you :tada: thank you!

2 Likes

I impulse bought these after you posted this and they just arrived, WOW 10/10

So I would like to add a glowing recommendation for those out there where the busty sizes in usual brands aren’t busting nearly enough

I didn’t expect it to be physically possible to have a supportive cotton bra past a certain size

4 Likes

I get so grumpy when both of mine are in the wash. Also sad when the rainbow one is dirty because in retrospect, while nude 2 is useful and practical blue rainbows spark joy! Everyone who has seen it is jealous (mother, doctors, nurses etc). When I find a stable size I will get more and one of their swimsuits.

Smacky told me about them but I am not sure if she frequents postpartum.

The models are also :kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::flushed:

4 Likes

Dammit don’t do this to me :joy:

4 Likes

…okay what style of Molke are we all looking at here?

4 Likes

I also have nude 2 if you’re looking to be bra twins
I will try the other eventually.

4 Likes

Yes this is the style I got! Tested out with nursing the past couple days and easy to pull aside

4 Likes

Any suggestions for cold medicine while breastfeeding? (specifically for congestion)

Right now I am just choosing to suffer lol. Which means that it isn’t that bad thankfully.

5 Likes

I think anything that works will affect your supply temporarily. You can do sinus rinsing. You can also just decide you’re so miserable you need the good stuff and let the chips fall where they may- I think at one point I did pop a Sudafed and I don’t remember the effects being all that intense or long lasting. I hope you feel better soon!

5 Likes

Saline nasal spray? I just used some Panadol for sinus pain for my most recent cold but congestion wasn’t too much of an issue. (paracetamol).

4 Likes

Sudafed is often transient impact on supply but it CAN be a permanent impact on supply from what I’ve read from that one Texas researchers work. I’m blanking on the website name, the database was renamed a couple years ago.

If the phlegm is in your lungs you can do just mucinex (not the stuff with cough suppressant I don’t think?) but yeah there’s really not much for congestion because drying up head = drying up boobs. :frowning:

3 Likes

Oh yeah, Mucinex is good stuff. And sleeping on a higher pillow situation!

1 Like

Steamy showers, saunas, humidifiers, mug of hot ginger tea that you stick your face in. Sorry you’re sick, I hope it passes soon.

3 Likes