Random Questions, Parenting Edition

Yeah no allergen issues with all the big ones.

1 Like

Has anyone tried one of the home pelvic floor exerciser devices?

There is a treatment suggested to me that looks awesome - but it’s at least 6 weeks of biweekly treatments 45 minutes away. And with pants on!

It looks like the home devices might do some of the same things? But without pants?

3 Likes

The pelvic floor physio I’ve known for a decade hasn’t said they’re bad afaik which probably means they’re worth a go before doing 6 weeks of driving + putting on pants

2 Likes

Help me figure out what outfit to put together for Pipsqueak for her role as ring bearer in a small elopement ceremony? She wants to wear pants and a bowtie preferably green.

Here’s the photo she liked better than any of the dress options I offered.

A few specific questions:

1. Will the elastic pants in the link above look strange in a 3.5 year old? Should we try to find a style with either more tailored pants?

2. Would you stick with just overalls or add a vest/jacket? (Denver in May so I think the weather could be… anything?) If so, help me find something stylish I’m a green tone?

3. If keeping just the overalls, would you use a more girly/frilly shirt? Pipsqueak identifies as a girl and I have no problem with gender neutral/androgynous clothing but I wonder if it will be more stylish to mix and match with a more girly shirt? I am…not stylish :rofl:

9 Likes

What if you did a floral bow tie?

4 Likes

This looks amazing! I wouldn’t try to push it to he anything other than it is

3 Likes

Oh a floral bowtie might be cute! I’ll run is past the small child since she has a lot of opinions now on what she wears.

She’s never been as fashion forward as Latte but the last few days she’s been dressing herself without assistance and the outfits are getting more creative!

9 Likes

Funny you should mention it because Latte is a flower girl in May, too! And I’m very worried she’ll boycott the dress. Even if she picks it. Worries she’ll change her mind day of :smiling_face_with_tear:

Opinions.

11 Likes

Honestly I’m not sure Pipsqueak will be happy with the pants day of so I might have a backup dress. I really want an excuse to get this mini Biden dress but it looks like maybe itchy arms so probably not a good backup choice either :sob:

9 Likes

The clothes temperature versus sensory versus :sparkles:aesthetic​:sparkles: algebra is exhausting. My sympathy.

4 Likes

Maybe grab a cute cardigan in case its cold? Or a mini blazer?

3 Likes

What food do you provide for a toddler and a babysitter?

Is pizza still the done thing? No dietary restrictions and the babysitter is a mid-20s professional nanny/childcare provider.

5 Likes

yo how do I survive imaginative play? @ellep

Meowlet only wants to play lions, which is a lot of crawling, and that’s great and stuff, but man I’m tireddddd.

9 Likes

Following because this is my first baby with no built in playmate!

Lightly dissociating? Microdosing?

5 Likes

Not only does he have no built in playmate, but he’s on the spectrum and therefore has almost no interest in most other kids aahahahaha

I’m just doing my best to savor the age I guess?

9 Likes

In general, whatever toddler will eat and babysitter will eat, and it doesn’t have to be the same.

Our go-to babysitter is vegan and prefers pretty healthy food so our default is a takeout place that has a grain/veggie bowl for her, mac-and-cheese with salmon for the kiddo. Or Indian food.

We tried pizza a few times but kiddo gets too excited about it but then doesn’t eat much, and ends up hungry later. YMMV of course!

I’ve also done a pot of pesto with pasta, or minestrone soup (kid just picks out the parts that he likes :woman_shrugging:t4:).

5 Likes

Gonna macrodose in a bit!

So far B1’s imaginative play is less imaginatjve than B2, except for that few months when we were both mice and said squeak squeak instead of talking. I kind of sounded like a mouse version of Daniel tiger Katerina. Squeak squeak time for dinner squeak.

Currently B1’s imaginative play is dictatorial if I’m included or if B2 is included and we end up yelled at and or hit. With B2 we just kinda flow? I can choose my character. With B1 I get in trouble for talking to my childhood stuffed animal wrong. And I’m given scripts but I don’t do them right.

So I guess if you’re a lion try to be as accurate a lion as possible.

Caveat everything that B1 has been in a meltdown for a good 36h consecutive including sleep. I think the last 6h I got him on track to maybe regulate? But getting him to bed involved letting him chill on the stairs for 20-30 min.

I can tell how hard it’s been for him but I can only offer space and tools to regulate. He asked to stay home with me instead of going out with Grandad, and that helped but not enough. Mud play was good.

5 Likes

Fuck I’m so tired of this :smiling_face_with_tear:

5 Likes

Us, tonight: Mom you have to put the train tracks the correct way. That’s the way I wike!

6 Likes

This is very likely to happen in my house too! So it sounds like when she shows up I can have her pick out a meal from a chosen restaurant on door dash and just have it delivered to them at dinner time? And leave a can of kidney beans since my kid is more likely to eat plain beans than anything else lol.

4 Likes