Quarantine Pen Pals 2020

I have some burgundy wool socks that are looking for a home. Probably best for someone about a W8.5-10 and who isn’t a pure merino fan.

2 Likes

I would love to mail this to someone – it was a gift from one of my clients and is handmade and still has the tags on it, it’s a little key ring credit card holder thing.
I think it will fit in a regular envelope with an extra stamp. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

The thread getting bumped reminded me to say that I have an adult coloring book of sweary empowerment with pages that say stuff like “You are a fucking badass” and “Punch your problems in the face”. I’d be happy to send one colored in page, one blank page, or one of each, just let me know your preference!

One that is currently decorating my office has a bird and says “Rise, shine, and get shit done”. (Just as an example, this one I want to keep.)

6 Likes

@plainjane what size fluevogs do you wear because I’ll trade you socks for a pair of blue/grey derby swirls if they’re your size.

@JanetJackson I’ve been looking for something that I can carry my ID attached to my car key. I could trade you for paypal donation to go toward your neighborhood improvement efforts (like gatorade drops, BJ, etc).

2 Likes

How the heck did I miss this thread?

I’ll add my address to the DMs or list or whatever we each are doing for written snippets/letters :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just send me a message with your address and I’ll pop it in the mail this week! :slight_smile: No trade needed.

1 Like

@katscratch thank you for the exceptionally generous offer. I am generally a W8.5/W9 or M7/M7.5

And regardless of whether we are a match, I would be happy to send you a pair of socks. Do you have a preferred colour/colour combo? I have a few RTS and a decent stash to choose from if you’re ok to wait another 2-3 weeks.

2 Likes

I love this place.

4 Likes

I find Fluevogs narrow, and have gone up a half size. Though that may not be a problem for Derby Swirls!

3 Likes

Agreed, Fluevog can be very narrow. I went up a half size on the Twin Turbines (M7.5) and the Wonders (9.5), but couldn’t manage the Cairos at all. I’m 8 or 8.5 in regular shoes.

Derbys are the same family as my Racers, which I got in W9/M7 and they are breaking in pretty well.

1 Like

@JanetJackson I got your mail! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s the perfect size for what I was randomly hoping to find! I’ve already put the wrapping to use; my dogs thank you for that gift too :smile:

2 Likes

WONDERFUL!

Does anyone else want some mail? <3

2 Likes

Bump again. I feel an itch to write letters.

DM me your addy if you’re interested in getting a letter, no need to respond (although I would love to pick up a correspondence, ofc).

2 Likes

You’re so freaking sweet :purple_heart: I would like to extend my apologies to everyone in this thread, I’m garbage at sending letters lol

2 Likes

I am also frequently garbage at sending letters. So if I have someone managed to not send a letter to anyone who has sent me their addy… er, please remind me.

2 Likes