Printing a topic to pdf

Hi, are we able to print a topic to pdf? I’m particular I’d like to save my journal before I ask for it to be deleted. Maybe I can’t work out out because I’m on my phone…

Thanks!

2 Likes

hit “print” like you’re going to print it, and then hit “save as PDF” instead of Print. Should work.

2 Likes

I will say, you still get access to your journal when I delete. It locks it, hides it, and throws away the key to everyone but you.

2 Likes

It seems like this only saves the “loaded” portion of the topic?

Hmm…interesting.

I would probably save the HTML file then.

Did anyone ever figure this out?

Hello @anomalily I want to delete my journal and wanted to print it it to pdf before doing so. But as discussed above, that option seems to not exist. I understand that I’d still have access to it even if you delete it but is there another way for you to share it with me? Thanks

ETA: saving te html file doesn’t work either , it just saves the loaded portion.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this back up. Discourse (the forum software) FINALLY made some changes to allow “print to PDF” to work for long topics, but we need to finish the forum migration/upgrade to do kick it into gear.

We had planned for maintenance downtime time to upgrade the forums (to fix another bug for iOS users) and I believe we’re now doing it today. So this request was well-timed! I’ll check back in and let you know when we’ve upgraded and we’ll see if the change worked.

2 Likes

Great. Thank you for getting back to me.

So… the upgrade dig not fix this problem, and we’re still investigating. theoretically adding /print to any topic URL will make a print version, but we appear to have an issue with that. I’ll update as soon as we know more.

3 Likes

Hello! This is resolved. You can now print topics to PDF by adding /print to the end of the topic or hitting CTRL + P (COMMAND + P on a mac) - this should give you the whole topic. May take a second to load.

5 Likes

Woot! Can now supply my own personal “journal of the plague years” as requested to our local history museum (with other commenters redacted since their stuff isn’t mine to share).

6 Likes

Thank you. This is fantastic.

Yay!