Pregnancy is weird

Yes. I literally fell on the ground at like 6-7 weeks because of a RLP jolt with Latte it was so sharp.

And sorry I was thinking you had an older than was like wait no and :woman_facepalming:t3: But yeah stuff moves even earlier on later pregnancies. I think part of how early it was with Latte was I had previously had a (short) pregnancy?

3 Likes

Loving the Netflix docuseries “Babies.” Very scientific but approachable information about milestones during the first year of life.

4 Likes

Oooh I loved that one. I find myself staring at childrens legs for straightness versus bow leggedness as they learn to walk now :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

It’s challenging this idea I had in my head that babies are…useless? Poor wording but idk how to describe it. They’re born able and ready to do SO MUCH!

5 Likes

Omg my favorite part of parenthood has been watching all the tiny skills unfold. I’m a junky. First diagonal eye tracking? Pre rollin pelvis shifting? HELL YES. There is SO much going on SO FAST especially that first year it’s insane. There were truly days that Latte would fall asleep and wake up looking like a different child, her face would change enough. Absolute, mind blowing, incredible.

5 Likes

There’s something comforting about understanding the biological reasons behind growing and learning. The way I parent will have some impact but so much of it is innate! And most of the takeaways I have about the “right” way to parent based on this series can be distilled down to “Pay Attention and Be Responsive.”

6 Likes

So much! And also mentally - they know and understand SO much more than they can communicate back to you. I feel like the best parenting advice I got was to always assume they understand what you’re saying. With kid #1 I did it on faith because she talked super late, but kid #2 can actually talk back to me and the things she can do and understand blow my mind every day.

As early as 9 or 10 months I could tell her “no we’re not doing that right now but we’re going to do A and then B and then you can have C.” Then I would forget and she would patiently wait until A and B were done and she would ask for C! :exploding_head: It’s wild.

8 Likes

Pumpkin absolutely understands everything. She understood today when she took me into the bathroom to ask for a bath, and I said i had to put the chicken on for dinner before her bath. Followed me to the kitchen, waited for me to sort it out, then grabbed my pants to take me back to the bathroom to turn the water on!

7 Likes

Meeeeee

4 Likes

Peeing. So much peeing. Like maybe every two hours now, I wake up to pee. Usually I can get back to sleep but the closer it gets to 5:30 the harder that becomes. Now I’m awake an hour earlier than I meant to be. And I went to bed at 9:30 but I know I peed like 4-5 times before midnight. Ugh

11 Likes

Almost 7 weeks here, and I am struggling…

Nauseous all day, tired all day. I’m supposed to do this for at least 6 more weeks? I don’t remember how I handled this the last time around, but it involved a lot of lying down in bed when I wasn’t working.

Can’t really do as much of that this time around with the toddler ….

In other news,

Boobs

My boobs suddenly have “heft” to them again. They were sad empty sacks after I weaned and suddenly they are full? Weird.

6 Likes

Take it easy and use every shortcut! :crossed_fingers: It doesnt get worse (and hit us up here if it does)

1 Like

Hoping the nausea doesn’t last as long this time!

TIL.

1 Like

Lately this baby has been PUSHING on me. Like I can feel little elbows or hands and feet. It makes me excited, like they’re getting strong and big and ready to meet us. I want to hold this little person on the outside of me so, so badly. Been waiting so long :sob:

8 Likes

Just had a very painful sneeze. Dr. Google says it’s round ligament pain. Ouch!

5 Likes

8 weeks 3 days here. Trying not to melt down at work today.

Test results

Did my prenatal screening blood work today, and glucose levels are high, white blood cells found in urine so maybe I have an UTI? And gestational diabetes?

I’m sure I’ll be fine, but feeling very upset today about the fact that I haven’t even had an ultrasound yet and I’m already going to have to deal with antibiotics and dietary restrictions, on top of the first trimester nausea and fatigue.

Oh and my toddler is home sick from daycare all week.

6 Likes

Good news! Blood sugar is often higher during infections. Talk to your doctor obviously but I wouldn’t assume GD.

4 Likes

So - doctor finally called me after going back and forth with the NP over message.

I do not have an UTI - just group B strep, which I already knew about. Fine - no big deal. I’m most likely going to have a c-section anyway so what’s another thing being injected into me during.

They want me to do the 3 hour glucose test but I don’t think I can do it without throwing up. I did it last time but that was later in the pregnancy. So apparently I can just monitor my blood sugar for a week? How did I not know that was an option last time? That’s so much easier (for me - who has a flexible office job). I don’t have to take a day off work to do it!

8 Likes
Uhhh gross

I think I might have BV?? I’m not feeling any discomfort. Just stinky.

3 Likes