Pregnancy is weird

I do indeed have a slight hernia happening above my belly button. Midwife suggested compression band. I’m thinking bike shorts might also be good for WFH days. (And if I can find some larger dresses for work, at the office too!)

2 Likes

I got Blanqi everyday girlshorts for compression and light support and they are super comfy and the legs don’t roll up, although it does have one of those bellies that comes up all the way to your bra. I think they’re making a big difference in my comfort, although AFAIK I don’t have a hernia, “just” DR.

2 Likes

Honestly don’t care about the belly going all the way up to my bra lol. I will check those out!

2 Likes

C section people: Compression recovery shorts, are they worth it?

I now have a number and frequency of contractions that is clearly not labor but also makes it hard for me to do my job. Like, I don’t want to get out of my chair to ask if you need help finding anything, I just want to call out to you and point.

4 Likes

My C-section was in the winter so I had the pants version but yes, worth it. I got two pairs of blanqui leggings and they were both fine (one was specifically for C-section the other wasn’t)

3 Likes

I really appreciated my pants. Esp since we had so many appointments to take her to. Just be sure once you’re past fourth tri you don’t use the compression to avoid strengthening

2 Likes

Got my tdap shot on Tuesday and the injection site is still hot/swollen. I iced it last night and that helped a bit, but man this is annoying.

4 Likes

Mine was bruised for like a week! It’s a tough one!

2 Likes

We were warned it was a doozy and I’m glad there is some reaction because it means it’s working. But ouch!!!

2 Likes

When I got my last one I was so annoyed because I had one the year before, and another one the year before that. Then that night I watched an episode of call the midwife that was very sad and involved a baby getting diphtheria while in the womb. I no longer felt sorry for myself and my sore arm.

5 Likes

Yep—the pros certainly outweigh the cons. Science is cool!!

2 Likes

I just spent like $100 on postpartum support leggings and shorts (and that’s only 1 of each!) but am saving $12 by buying (unopened) postpartum undies on Poshmark instead of Amazon?

The undies are arguably an indulgence but I am obviously not going to wear over-the-bump maternity undies after delivery and my regulars aren’t going to fit, so I had to have SOMETHING.

5 Likes

I am beyond gassy. I have become gas.

5 Likes

I have never found undies of the correct size and version to be an over indulgence. A proper amount of the right sort are important, you do not need to be sitting in uncomfortable undergarments and irritated them while severely sleep deprived and caring for a newborn while recovering from being pregnant.

5 Likes

Having tons of Braxton Hicks and a handful day that feel more labor-y, like they wrap around the back? I had a contraction wake me up from sleep a couple of nights ago but most of the bad ones are when I’m walking around. It’s really hard to guess whether this means I will go early or is this just what a third baby feels like!

I’m still 8 days from term but even once I get there, it’s weird that I want to NOT go into labor. In the past I have been anxious for it and wanted to do a bunch of walking and whatnot to try to help it along. This time I’m like, let me just chill on the couch guzzling fluids trying to stave this thing off. I have a PLAN and labor is unpleasant and I don’t want it to muck up my plan!

9 Likes

Please go away, tdap swelling

5 Likes

Stay put baby! Fingers crossed that you make it to the surgery date.

I was so mad that I went into labor 15 hrs before my schedule C-section and ended up with a middle of the night emergency C-section instead (baby was breech). I was complaining to the anesthesiologist and nurse while they were trying to get me an epidural in between contractions that I wasn’t supposed to be doing the labor part!!

6 Likes

Today I was too full from my SMALL lunch to eat a free dilly bar. Rage lol

8 Likes

Watching a “what I actually used in my hospital bag” video, and the woman wore Birkenstocks to the hospital, and peed on them. So note to self: bring shoes that can be rinsed off? I never would have thought about that.

6 Likes

Yep generally assume anything on your lower extremities have a high change of blood or urine on them, pre and post birth. Proceed accordingly, lol.

4 Likes