I always love Gina Trapani’s thinking and work so I had to link to this article she wrote about how to make personal finance software more empowering!
Here is her feature wishlist from the article:
- It’s December 1st! If you donate X dollars to tax-deductible charities by the end of the month, you’ll save Y dollars on your income tax in April.
- People with your title in your industry in your region earn an annual salary of about $Xk more than you do. Maybe it’s time to consider negotiating a raise.
- Hey, it looks like you’ve got some tax-advantaged accounts that you haven’t maxed out. Consider transferring X dollars sitting in your savings account right now to your IRA before April 15th.
- Your company matches 5% of your 401k contribution, but you’re only putting in 3%. That’s X dollars you are missing out on getting paid every month.
- Looks like you spent $X on groceries last month — compared to other people in your area, that’s pretty high.
- FYI: Your rent or mortgage payment is 3% lower than the average family of three in your zip code. Way to get a deal!
Are there any ways you’ve gotten systems to work better for you? What would your wishlist include?