Fall/Spring: OMD Seasonal reading challenge!

HALLO

@Marcela told me not to but I’m doing it anyway. But simpler.

DA RULES

• Get a piece of paper or a note card
  • When you finish a book between June 21 and September 21, give yourself a sticker or stamp or little check mark or doodle
  • Post your glorious messy piece of paper as you progress or at the end of the summer.

Is this half just an excuse for me to actually use my stickers and feel like I deserve it? YES.

17 Likes

BAD @Greyweld

6 Likes

shamed

Also is a teensy bit of a rebel and the whole post took me 2 minutes.

6 Likes

… acceptable

6 Likes

I luv youuuuu

6 Likes

I giggled when I saw @Greyweld did what she was told not to do :joy:

9 Likes

I’m in so Greyweld’s rebellion is useful. How many romances and light fluffy books can I manage? We will see.

10 Likes

Do audiobooks count?

4 Likes

Yes.

4 Likes

I’m in!

3 Likes

I also have fancy stickers and will have time to read. how’s everyone making their charts?

3 Likes

I’M IN

2 Likes

I’m just gonna grab a piece of construction paper and hodgepodge my stickers onto it. Organization what’s that?

2 Likes

I think I’m going to incorporate an ice cream for every 3 books read

8 Likes

BRILLIANT

2 Likes

I’ve got a large wall calendar for various tracking purposes, will probably try to find an interesting/unused marker color and add books to that since it’s already stuck on the wall and (more than anything else) will be hard to lose.

2 Likes

I have a regular size wall calendar that I sticker for every day I take my meds (used to be every day I went for a walk). I should get a giant wall calendar.

3 Likes

Oh, PS it’s books that you finish during the time period. So if you are reading something starting before the challenge but finish during, that counts. I figure it balances out stuff you start but can’t quite finish during the challenge.

6 Likes

3 Likes
Can I put titles and mini reviews?

Book1: Where the desert meets the sea, Werner Sonne. Our side my reading comfort zone, found it very interesting to be in the shoes of both Jews and Palestinians in the nascent modern state of Israel, 1947-8. However, I found the prose itself simplistic and uncaptivating. I wonder how much was lost in translation? It’s listed as German Lit.

Book0: Doomed City, Arkady and Boris Strugatsky (Rus). More of a philosophical treatise than a Sci Fi or even Dystopia novel, it shows its age and cultural rifts from today (cw misogyny, racism) but makes incisive commentary on society, happiness, “adulting” , ambition, culture, and humanity. Yes all that.

(I finished it like Jun 11-12 so it doesn’t count but I’m still thinking about it!)

I will anyway, I’m a rebel.

3 Likes