Fall/Spring: OMD Seasonal reading challenge!

There is zero chance I will be able to keep track of a piece of paper for months bc I know myself, and I am sticker less, but I’ll post my list with emojis :slight_smile:

List
  1. Iron Pots & Wooden Spoons: Africa’s Gifts to New World Cooking, Jessica B. Harris :white_check_mark:
  2. Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Books 1-5. :white_check_mark:
5 Likes

are we counting 90% of the way, intentionally did not finish? (I know the answer is “whatever you feel like” but I want your hot takes)

3 Likes

Hmm, I feel like if you still read enough where an equivalent amount of pages to like a pretty standard book yes?

Damn I know that was a run on sentence and I dunno how to make it sensical…

Like if you read a reasonable couple hundred pages give or take I would count it.

Was this a rage-quit book?

2 Likes

it was a “dude the first 2/3 of your book was great but I’m really tired of this last third being all about the hypocrisy and stupidity of the US political right, Republicans, and Christians” quit. like annoyed because the first 2/3 were pretty good.

5 Likes

I vote counts. You finished the book like you’d finish a meal. You were full and didn’t want the rest later.

8 Likes

I love the way you put that.

4 Likes

It’s approaching dinnertime in CA.

4 Likes

Agreed with @Illathrael this is a delightful way to consider it.

1 Like

how’s everyone doing with their reading?

1 Like

I forgot this thread existed and haven’t updated :laughing: my best read this summer has been Cod by Mark Kurlansky. IDK why I keep thinking I’m going to keep track of things in thread like this, it’s not in my nature at all, lol.

2 Likes

oh I totally get that!

mostly I’ve finished three comic books (Invincible 1-3) and one audiobook, “The Ministry for the Future” by Kim Stanley Robinson.

I have like…5 anthologies I’m rotating through that I definitely won’t finish this summer lol.

1 Like

That’s how I like to read too! Sampler platter style, haha, a little of this and a little of that. It takes forever to finish things but then you have those weeks where you finish like 4 books at once!

2 Likes

I started and put down two books that I didn’t like. I’ve finished 11.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’m doing a very good job keeping up with the stickers but I’m reading lots of books!

2 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

Book 2: Redshirts by John Scalzi. Awesome laugh out loud Star Trek parody. Highly recommend. Has several appendices? Epilogues? That get rather meta. In an enjoyable way.

Book 3: Orux and Crake by Margaret Atwood. In classic Atwood style, slow and depressing but also strangely captivating. Apocalyptic.

Book 4: I started The Great Hunt (WOT book 2) so imma be a while…

3 Likes

Scalzi is one of my absolute favorites.

1 Like

Summer is over! Here’s my sheet:

13 books :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think you should consider exactly this as a planner page :blush:

1 Like