New Years Resolutions because 2024 is going to be our year!

Here is a place to share New Year’s Resolutions. Because why not? 2023 was pretty awesome and went exactly to plan and nothing went wrong, so I can only expect 2024 to be bigger and better!

So, get out your navels and start gazing. Reflection, introspection and maybe a bit of dissection.

15 Likes

Big goals over here: I want to get back into watering my house plants on a weekly schedule.

17 Likes

I’m going to copy and yet reduce pressure. Twice a month watering of plants. Indoor only

13 Likes

Get more sleep (go to bed at a reasonable hour) and exercise.

Fairly sure this is just a cut and paste of my last five years of New Year’s resolutions :laughing:

8 Likes

Inspired by @Bernadette’s reality sized resolution, mine is to simply eat more fruit.

7 Likes

Yeah I have nothing to add - work smarter and not harder? Especially to find ways to eliminate my job and be packaged out?

Ideally, to live my life how I want and not feel bad about decisions I make.

2 Likes

Move my body and read more books! Stretch goal: new job and/or pregnancy

5 Likes

14 Likes

I want to do the following:

1. Pay off half the balance on the Discover card
  2. Do at least 100 miles on the treadmill
  3. Get my A1C down to 5.5 or lower
  4. Contribute $3000 each to my HSA and tIRA
8 Likes

So I don’t do resolutions really, but I do like having a “one word theme” for the year and I like doing my “20 in 20” “23 in 23” etc type list as duped from Gretchin Rubin. I try to mix one time versus ongoing, easy to achieve versus harder, etc. It’s like, semi to do list, some just for fun, some for “improvement” etc.

My one word theme is actually two words this year: “do more” (or do more 2024). I’ll post my list soon.

5 Likes

(Interesting, it counts a giant quote as an empty post. Okay forum, here’s my words to make it not empty!)

4 Likes

This year I am keepin’ on keepin’ on, having more fun, and convincing Ponder to have one more baby. Or being thoroughly convinced to not have one more baby.

Word for the year started out as persistence, but that sounds like too much effort. So. This is my Keep Calm And Carry On year.

11 Likes

That was one of my 2023 goals: “one way or another, be done with the baby journey”. :tada::clap:t2::saluting_face:

8 Likes

I am so ready to be done. But not ready to not have one more :confounded: at least in 12 months the uncertainty will be gone.

5 Likes

I am usually pretty good at resolutions but I have two that I am very bad at (one I might actually be incapable of??)

Get my splits back
Make more edited videos (I want to make 24 in 2024 lol)

Things I actually will probably do:

Move into finished house
Duolingo everyday
Produce 20 feature pieces for air
At least one national feature
First draft of book finished
Reprint books
Pass novice MIF skating test
100 hours of yoga

6 Likes

That was me this time last year! Staring down an upcoming transfer. One way or another, I was gonna know in the next 12 months.

Luck be with you!

5 Likes

This year my resolution is to try to be content and at peace with what I have and where I am.

No new bright ideas, no room redesigns, no planning of trips we won’t actually take, no spreadsheets, no tracking. We’ve spent the last eight years building a house and then starting a business. This is year I want to slow down, enjoy what we’ve achieved and finally stop feeling that there must always be another project!

11 Likes

I love this. Best resolution ever :slight_smile:

7 Likes

“I hope that in this year to come you make mistakes because if you are making mistakes then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before and, more importantly, you’re doing something. So that’s my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make new mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody’s ever made before. Don’t freeze, don’t stop, don’t worry that it isn’t good enough, or it isn’t perfect, whatever it is: art or love or work or family or life. Whatever it is you’re scared of doing, do it. Make your mistakes, next year and forever.”

~Neil Gaiman

9 Likes

This is the format that came out when I sat down to write:

• One habit : to write, at least a sentence, in a journal every day of 2024.
  • One Mindset: to prioritise and value what my body needs to be strong and healthy and protect it from things that might harm it.
  • One word: CONNECTION - with my body, my friends, my loved ones, my work.
  • One goal: in the first quarter of 2024, I will make 3 items of clothing, one from a self-drafted pattern. (I struggle with hobby goals because often I find that I want to move on to a different hobby rather than sticking with one for the whole year - so I’m hoping that a quarterly goal will give me a concrete aim to excite me, while not caging me in too much if I get super excited about something else later in the year).
7 Likes