Moving Pictures

i think i posted in another thread that i saw “avatar: the way of water” on tuesday and loved it so much that i saw it again on friday. it is a big, dumb, beautiful movie. totally worth seeing in 3d on a big screen.

4 Likes

Ooo, good to know. I like to use our cc points on movie theatre gift cards and I have some left.

1 Like

Hidden Blade is beautifully filmed but very challenging to follow, especially if you’re not familiar with Chinese history in the 30s.

3 Likes

Tonight I watched Misha and the Wolves on Netflix and I highly recommend it. Not a second screener! A legit, solid movie that’s really worth a watch IMO. I don’t want to give anything away but it’s a quirky well-stylized documentary. The people in it are real characters and it’s really well paced and put together. I loved the construction of the storytelling. I wasn’t familiar with this story (or aware of it when it happened) so it was extra fun for me, but even if you know the basics of what occurred I think it’s worth a watch. The interviews are great!

4 Likes

I watched last night based on your recommendation, and feeling dizzy any time I tried to do more than just lie in bed. It was good, I liked the way they told the story, too. And then I filled my brain with Love Is Blind Season 3 nonsense. :joy:

2 Likes

Ooo, I’m glad you liked it! Haha, I do chaser shows too, Love is Blind is made for such purposes.

1 Like

ughh, as a fat person this movie gets a hard no from me.

my thoughts exactly: The Whale is not a masterpiece – it’s a joyless, harmful fantasy of fat squalor | Film criticism | The Guardian

1 Like

Post deleted

oh i wasn’t asking you to do that … just wanted to add my perspective

is anyone watching “daisy jones and the six” on amazon? i read the book and liked it so i checked out the series and it’s good. it did take a while to get started but started cooking at like episode 3-4.

2 Likes

I got rid of prime but if I hadn’t I’d give it a watch! Series-wise I’ve been in k-drama land.

1 Like

I’m eagerly awaiting having the time to watch the new season of Shadow and Bone on Netflix. I loved the first season, it’s probably my favorite fantasy book to TV adaptation ever done.

Falcon isn’t much of a TV person so I may not start the new season until I’m back in Milwaukee. Crow took off yesterday to have a binge watching party with our kids, and they’re finishing the rest of the series today.

Anyone else a fan of the Grishaverse in either TV or book form?

1 Like

Don’t watch You People (Netflix). It is just one terrible cliche after another and an impossible to believe romance with no chemistry

2 Likes

Yes, I am! I started the book but didn’t like it for some reason and so never finished it. But I am enjoying the show. I’m up to episode 7.

1 Like

We finally watched M3GAN! It was a fun predictable campy movie with some surprising gore (not a lot just surprising in terms of how it happens) and some cool fighting. I liked it!

4 Likes

Introduced my kids to Romancing the Stone. They liked it and it was a fun nostalgia watch for me. I wonder if members of the Columbian community (and Latinx people in general) would find it problematic though.

1 Like

Recent watches:

The Wailing, SK horror film, pretty good and worth a watch IMO! I’ve seen better and some parts were a bit cringe/overwrought, but it was a fun ride overall.

Lights Out, a truly dumb horror movie with no psychological edge and soooo predictable but good jump scares. Second screener!

Exists, another silly horror movie from the dude who did Blair Witch. Not as good, haha, but kind of fun because of the premise. Second screener!

Peeples, a comedy w/ Kerry Washington and Craig Robinson. Really funny and also a cute romance, but not a rom com- a bit raunchier and funnier than that- and less sappy. Drags a bit at times but overall it’s a good watch!

1 Like

Really enjoyed the Dungeons and Dragons movie :slight_smile:

1 Like