Meme-ing our way through

15 Likes

20 Likes

19 Likes

1 Like

17 Likes

10 Likes

Haha on the astrology thing, apparently that’s not uncommon for celebrity nannies (for example). Our nanny was trying to break into the much higher paying/higher hours world of film industry nannying and said she was frequently asked about her astrology signs. She said it was like Meyers Briggs for the arts world :joy:

6 Likes

Me: that is straight up ABSURD

Also Me: well, coworker k is a Capricorn so…

3 Likes

:eyes: the what now

4 Likes

the debate starts at 9

The benefit of being on the west coast :+1:

The downside being that the live TV shows get time delayed 3 hours so Colbert isn’t on until 11:30pm here, 3 hours after the debate

6 Likes

Haha so nannying in LA for a “normal” family (like mine) was like $24-28/hour and like 20-40 hours a week. Nannying full time for rich people around here would be more like 50 hrs a week and $30+/hr. Working for an actual celebrity could mean taking shifts with others for around the clock care/availability. We interviewed someone trying to get OUT of that kind of position and she could only meet us at 9pm and did not have fun stories (of course, all families vary widely, even rich celebrities! I’m sure some of them spend time with their kids!)

*My data is several years old and rates have probably changed

6 Likes
Trump/Debate

933pnj

9 Likes

Niche aussie humour right there.

2 Likes

13 Likes

15 Likes

… this goes hard. Felt like it should be spoilered just so you can brace yourself before clicking.

Summary

And more light hearted:

18 Likes

17 Likes

Ok but Kamala’s face in that second reaction shot is amazing, like “muaha my plan worked exactly as planned” :rofl:

5 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like