Meme-ing our way through

21 Likes

19 Likes

Me at work every day…like, just open whichever one you want, Microsoft…stop asking me about it!

8 Likes

I had someone fix mine so it goes to new teams and I stopped getting that.

1 Like

This is not a meme but I want someone to make it into one.

Driving home last night the 80s Rick Springfield classic “Jesse’s Girl” came on. DD thought he was singing “I wish that I WAS Jessie’s girl.” Listen to that song with gender fluidity in mind. Who is Jesse/Jessie really? What are their pronouns? What are their partners pronouns?

Rick Springfield was a fucking gender fluidity savant…

8 Likes

14 Likes

Is this not the lyric?

2 Likes

(had)

3 Likes

That seems a bit offensive

5 Likes

Yep. Goes on the long list of shit we didn’t even think about back then.

9 Likes

Yes, the original lyrics are quite the little ode to misogyny. As if a partner is something one owns, and that a friend could just kind of re-occupy.

So I loved that DD switched “I wish that I HAD” to “I wish that I WAS” – sublimated homo-eroticism anyone? And then the whole spin on how Jesse/Jessie might identify opens up a whole world of genderqueer possibilities!

I want Harry Styles to cover this song now with the WAS instead of the HAD…

4 Likes

18 Likes
11 Likes

Attribution change:

17 Likes

If you like ska, you may enjoy Ms. California by Skatune Network & JER. Fun song that sounds more like the “I wish that I WAS” that you’re talking about.

1 Like

15 Likes

18 Likes

Ugh, this was me today. I was trying to have a rational conversation with an employee at the bike store, when I hit my heat/dehydration wall (it was 97F and I’d biked 16 miles…). Fortunately I recognized it and took myself home.

9 Likes

Kudos. I wasn’t sure any memes were gonna come out of this that weren’t full celebrate violence status. This is a good one :joy:

9 Likes

Mildly insensitive without glorifying violence, CHECK! That’s what I’m talking about.

17 Likes