Meme-ing our way through

the global majority are people
Not-White-As-Defined-By-The-Powerful-White
Not a minority
The majority

10 Likes

Look, it’s not my fault that my ancestors worked out sailing ships and cannons and what not. I earned being the majority. Or something.

3 Likes

Aragorn is so hot in the movies (but not in that photo, the bloody hands do not do it for me). And normal Viggo, just no.

But no hot guy is worth the UTI :joy:

4 Likes

Could someone explain this one? Maybe spoiler the explanation

2 Likes
Summary

Can’t speak for everyone but I am assuming that the meme is saying that Aragorn is unwashed and filthy and all parts of him are unwashed and filthy and boning him with a vagina would result in a UTI.

12 Likes
Off topic

But do people outside western white-people-ruled/dominated countries think of themselves this way? Does someone from Taiwan identify as part of the same global majority as someone from Nigeria?

You could exclude any race (inasmuch as that’s a meaningful distinction) and get a global majority… You could exclude no one and have a global majority.

But the world doesn’t have a majority race as we typically categorize and understand them. “Asian” probably constitutes a plurality but I believe Asian people make distinctions within that which are important to them, so is that fair?

People an describe themselves how they want, but I think it’s fair to point out that I’m not sure what is being communicated by the descriptor.

3 Likes

Everyone who I’ve met who is a person of the global majority (granted we’ve met in Canada and Western Europe) has been very aware of the Eurocentric/North American and Australian view of whiteness. There are already lots of terms to discuss being outside of those groups both in an activist way and in an exclusionary way. Lots of kinds of Brown unite in Browness. You may have seen the term BAME. Or heard of the global south or developing countries or third world countries. Persons of the global minority decentralizes whiteness - especially in the screenshot shared.

I’m sure you’ve sat through progressive university lectures where you were non stop othered and then were thrilled to offer a new perspective that also annoyed the prof.

@PDM it’s okay to be a minority! Embrace it! No idea who or what I am.

And as a token, I’d sent this to friends previously, but I’ll share this here too.

Found a new period tracking app:

14 Likes

OK, I’m just waiting for Uber eats to integrate with Apple health and auto populate orders when I am expecting my period :joy:

13 Likes

Hello fellow person of the global majority :joy: made me laugh out loud, ty

3 Likes

Have you (the general You. The everyone on the forum you ) seen Clara on IG/tiktok? I can’t remember if I’ve posted some of her stuff but surely she’s come up here. She’s sooooo, so good.

Does both society gender flips and white/non-white flips.

2 Likes

and a non-meme, as a treat:

18 Likes

18 Likes

18 Likes

15 Likes

14 Likes

18 Likes

16 Likes

24 Likes

Damn Bracken, you’re on fire

7 Likes

Quite literally :joy: my fever was quite high earlier. COVID, does the memes good.

Hot damn it just occurred to me that me memeing hard because of having covid is so exceptionally in the spirit of the history of this thread :joy: exceptional work, self, very meta.

20 Likes