Meme-ing our way through

Only three females and no POC in the yearbook? Guess we know what their dataset was based on…

9 Likes

Real slice of humanity there eh?

5 Likes

This was my immediate yikes thought too… :eyes:

6 Likes

This is def an engineering school. Undergrads look that young nowadays, right?

3 Likes

Agreed on POC, but I would have guessed 6 (assuming there’s not somewhere I can actually look that I’m missing and I have to guess from photos)…and apparently I’ve been in engineering long enough that I find 1/4 a pretty good ratio, which is a little sad. It’s better than the 6/120ish that I graduated with, I guess?

6 Likes

“nature is an infinite source of beauty”

3 Likes

My bestie currently lives in an Eastern European city and so I get periodic relevant memes the way other people would send travel photos:

And misc-

21 Likes

Roses are red, April is grey, but in a few weeks… Justin Timberlake? …I’m bringing sexy back?

I think I need a translation.

4 Likes

It’s gonna be May. "It's Gonna Be May" | Know Your Meme

5 Likes

Ah, thanks. Reminds me that I have other questions for you. Slightly more serious. :smiley: I will text you!

5 Likes

There’s no beauty secret, I just look this tired naturally. :relieved:

(Go ahead and text! And lmk if you need SirB’s number too)

7 Likes

13 Likes

I just came home with a 12"x24" box of daylilies someone at work didn’t want. Not a box of pots, a box of plants they dug up and threw together. There are … a lot, let’s say :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

“The Bucket residence, Mrs Bucket speaking”

9 Likes

I just gave a coworker a box of hostas. It’s much easier than using pots. :rofl:

4 Likes

It IS Hyacinth and Richard! I didn’t look that closely.

5 Likes

I was wondering how much the US OMDers would have been watching Keeping Up Appearances. It was a staple of Aussie TV in the 90s.

4 Likes

I have seen it on our public TV. Along with “Are you being served?” and a few other BrtitComs whose titles I cannot remember right now. (Vicar if Dibley? Pushing up daisies?).

A British attorney I worked with said we got all the really shitty ones.

Of course we also got Dr. Who and Monty Python on public TV too.

5 Likes

Father Ted?

1 Like

Yep.

Fawlty Towers
Blackadder
Mr. Bean
Yes Minister
The Good Life
One Foot in the Grave
Father Ted
Last of the Summer Wine
Red Dwarf
As Time Goes By
Waiting for God (I rather liked this one)

I watched The Young Ones on MTV (or Comedy Central) - Hilarious. And Absolutely Fabulous (Comedy Central). Oh, and Benny Hill - can never hear Yackety Sax without thinking if this show.

6 Likes