Meme-ing our way through

Gold.

2 Likes

Well. I did get my master’s when I quit, but, at my school, I didn’t have to do anything special for it; I just happened to be at a point when I had had enough and quit (about 3 years in) that I just kinda ended up with it. But a master’s in linguistics is pretty close to useless unless a person does computational/AI language stuff because most other linguistics jobs are PhD-level research/fieldwork/teaching jobs.

7 Likes

The feeling of relief I had once I got done feeling sad, embarrassed and disappointed about quitting my PhD was hands down one of the top five things I’ve ever felt in my life. It took a while but then one day it dawned on me that I was free free free.

18 Likes

I may have threatened to cancel Christmas earlier today…

19 Likes

Dystopian fiction meme = :dart:

Ouch

4 Likes

The Y2K one…

But also, it made me realize Y2K was more than half my lifetime ago, and I remember it well, and like, just… :sob::sob::sob:

9 Likes

25 Likes

28 Likes

On the partner with no anxiety thing… early in our relationship, my wife was in a uniquely stressful job situation with no end date and a good chunk of back pay in dispute. She said something to me like “you know, I realized it won’t change anything if I worry about it, so I just won’t worry about it.” Like… ?! Can science study your brain?! So weird

21 Likes

i used to be like this!! sadly, now im not.

4 Likes

I have anxiety and Partner has depression and we just are baffled by one another sometime. :joy:

9 Likes

Dont use my solution which was to get depressed and suddenly understand some of their things :grimacing: i much preferred it when we stayed in our own lanes. Ponder decided to try out panic attacks for a bit, so at least now we are even…?

9 Likes

I’ve been having way too much fun with ChatGPT today

17 Likes

13 Likes

24 Likes

30 Likes

o u c h

5 Likes

Oh follow up to the calendar meme. I can’t tell if this is legit or an elaborate concoction of a twitter thread

2 Likes

Too real. :sob:

1 Like

Not really a meme but here’s for my Trek fam

IMG_20221202_182357

18 Likes