Meme-ing our way through

bless this post. georg lives.

7 Likes

Yeah but how do you pronounce his name?

After reading that post I walked around saying oot-lee-ay for a while and liked it.

9 Likes

I DO (know how to pronounce his name. I misread your post. I’m going to bed now.)

Gay-org.

7 Likes

TY for the PhD one it helps the sads since I just submitted the paperwork to quit mine

14 Likes

I applaud you protecting your health and sanity this way! But also recognize how hard that is (having contemplated it but never done it).

9 Likes

Oooh, but the done-quitting feeling is pretty free and nice. (Source: quit linguistics PhD in 2012 and have rarely looked back.)

11 Likes

Thank you! It is good to hear from someone else who has quit. I only know people who finished, mostly. One who turned hers into a masters; I didnt even get that far.

Meanwhile, courtesy of my husband:

28 Likes

Here is a fun fact: Before evolution of language that has made it accepted as just a “brief fact”, a factoid was a false statement people think is true, but was not. Irregardless (sic), we need to accept that language evolves and words change. Even if it drives me nuts.

11 Likes

I’m still slightly sad I never did one. But discuss with my husband frequently that he thinks his was probably a pointless waste of time. And he didn’t even have to pay for it- just the opportunity cost of the time.

2 Likes

I also quit my PhD program with no Masters, and the only reason I’m sad about it is because I have to admit to people that I quit :slightly_smiling_face:

Quitting was definitely the right choice for me. Research and scholarship are so interesting, but it would have been way too intense for my life.

7 Likes

I quit my masters not even a full semester in. It was the right choice.

4 Likes

Same.

2 Likes

I dropped all but my independent study second semester. I love telling people I failed out of a master’s program for some reason.

4 Likes

12 Likes

29 Likes

AHAHAHHAHAHA

1 Like

It truth :joy:

2 Likes

20 Likes

Probably unsurprising my ex was a cook at a high end restaurant…

24 Likes

Thank you BJ these are the memes I have been looking for!

2 Likes