Meme-ing our way through

I hadn’t even heard of this situation before I listened to Planet Money yesterday so I am very grateful for these explanatory memes and Onion article.

4 Likes

Yes me too! Who knew meme thread was so educational

2 Likes

I get most of my news from this thread.

8 Likes

Could not find the source but this was too good not to share

26 Likes

An actual article on Instagram and therefore there’s a longer article elsewhere.

Nobody could have predicted this outcome.

I love that Twitter couldn’t respond because they cut their comms team.

17 Likes

Partner tried to officially shut down her account but two factor authentication failed because that was a system Musk cut a key resource for.

Clown shoes.

14 Likes

Ponder told me last night that happened. Like. Omgwtfbbq :clown_face:

3 Likes

Yeahhhhhh he went and axed a bunch of “superfluous” things and turns out shit is connected to other shit!! WHO COULD HAVE PREDICTED. probably the people he fired.

10 Likes

Also a bunch of employees got stuck in the parking lot because they cut badge access. Also Elon and some execs got locked in the building because they cut their own badge access. Maintenance staff had to cut the parking garage lever off :smiling_face_with_tear::joy:

24 Likes

IVE NEVER SEEN BIGGER CLOWN SHOES.
Plz keep the stories coming they nourish my soul.

5 Likes

Big dick stuck

6 Likes

The EverMusk.

8 Likes

Quick someone photoshop Elon musk sideways in the Suez Canal.

15 Likes

Bwhahahaha :crazy_face::joy::grimacing:

1 Like

How’s much money did he just burn by demolishing twitter? It’s even worse than i imagined, i thought it was going to fade to obscurity but no, he’s really making it go out with a bang!

4 Likes

This is really going to damage my meme game medium term.

(Short term- win, because chaos almost always brings great memes. Long term, eh, something else will pick up the slack. But man. In between. :grimacing: so many hilarious thoughts to miss)

8 Likes

11 Likes

Human started humming the Benny Hill theme at this update. :joy:

3 Likes

Marmalade was showing me an article about Elon’s expectations for the remaining employees and I said “I bet everyone is going to walk”, but Marmalade said that H1B visa holders who have started the green card process can’t leave the company that is sponsoring their application. And the H1B employees who were laid off have 60 days to find a new job that will sponsor their visa or they have to leave the country! A whole ton of people’s lives are getting seriously fucked up by Elon’s mess.

17 Likes

Yeah its a really nasty situation for a lot of families and individuals.

7 Likes