Meme-ing our way through

I’m trying very much to not just stare at it and daydream about the vacations we’d take because rail would be so much easier than driving with a small child.

6 Likes

It would make the thought of the USA trip we want to do realistic. Omg. Yes please can we have some of that in Australia too??

4 Likes

22 Likes

Bohemian Catsody

2 Likes

Related to the Jobs meme: Nobel prize winners in economics for showing raising the minimum wage has neutral to positive effect on employment, NOT a reduction in employment.

18 Likes

Thank you. We’d gotten the “I went to school with a noble prize winner” talk but not enough energy to Google the why

This very much matches what we’ve seen

3 Likes

I’m glad to hear this. I was listening to a news podcast this morning and they did a segment on how Florida is starting to increase the minimum wage - we voted to approve this way before the pandemic and obviously the pandemic employment situation is very different now. A representative of the restaurant and tourism (which obviously employ a ton of low-wage workers) was insistent that they just wanted to let the market work things out and that this increased minimum wage would just lead to Bad Things long term because wages can’t go back down with this pesky new law. I forget if the “But how are people supposed to afford housing at current wages?” question was directed at her or someone else but it went unanswered because the answer is “They can’t.”

5 Likes

Always punch up

25 Likes

FB_IMG_1634144106616

Just love the bear’s face so much.

18 Likes

Re: the kraken: Meowlet, is that you?

7 Likes

Definitely same vibes. :rofl:

9 Likes

21 Likes

Seasonal lols

21 Likes

16 posts were split to a new topic: Covid-19

2 posts were split to a new topic: Covid-19

Rad. Please enjoy this selection of dank memes on the most shallow level.

That Android one got me chuckling. It’s true. And that monkey don’t give a fuck.

23 Likes

Thank you for the palette cleanse. Sorry it took so long…I had a ton of technical errors moving posts!?

6 Likes

sames

5 Likes

ETA also FUCK I need to buy a wedding present.

19 Likes

I’d like to add ‘professional networking.’ A colleague from like 15 years ago messaged me on LinkedIn and was all like ‘Hi PDM, I hope you’re well. It has been a long time since building that railway. Those were good times. Anywho, would you like to catch up for a coffee and discuss sending work my company’s way?”

15 Likes