Log of Forum Software Changes

Hey lovely forumers! We’re still working out kinks in the software and making changes based on general frustrations, so here is where I’m putting logs of changes as we make them.

• We got rid of the Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence? checker that made it impossible to just comment or PM “yes” or “YAYYYYYYY!” or “meow”.
  • Changed the minimum length of a PM to 1 character so you can just say “ok”
  • We brought the min post length down to two characters; we will change if it becomes a problem
  • We increased the number of emojis you can use in a title from 1 to 10 (:partying_face: :heart_eyes_cat: :iphone:)
  • Also @aaronpk added 4 different backups for the forum (which hopefully we don’t have to use)

In progress:

• Working on designing some new badges (check out that topic and request badges here: What Badges do you want?)
  • Adding signatures
  • Adding optional inclusion of location and pronouns under forum handle/avatar

Note: PM me if you want to change your username!

9 Likes

You two have built a pretty incredible space. Thanks for all your work so far!

4 Likes

Thanks for all the updates!

One more request: is there a way to make links automatically open in a new tab rather than in this tab?

I will be PMing you to change my username :slight_smile:

For the links preference, it’s under user icon (upper R corner) --> settings (click gear upper R corner) --> Preference --> Interface --> check ‘Open all external links in a new tab’.

4 Likes

Finished:

• Updated setting so that now you won’t be told off for replying too many times to one person in a topic, amusingly called the “get a room” threshold

Still In progress:

• Working on designing some new badges (check out that topic and request badges here: What Badges do you want? )
  • Adding signatures
  • Adding optional inclusion of location and pronouns under forum handle/avatar
  • Figuring out how to get it to show the creator of a topic on the unread and homepage
3 Likes

FYI - I noticed two things today that might be software issues:

1. I got an emoji badge when I quoted text having an emoji (I didn’t add an emoji).
  2. I could read the pre-editted post rest after it had been edited using the edit function. Shouldn’t that be open to only the OP?