Little Women Read-A-Long

My libraries copies are all out, I have reserved them but otherwise I will need to find another one if they arent in by next week

1 Like

Does @HaH know about this? It seems to me she should. Also, I’m in!

3 Likes

I just did an audiobook reread in January, so I’m probably in to mostly lurk and pipe up as I remember things, but likely won’t do another full reread so soon!

3 Likes

I’d like to join this. Will someone post where the discussions are to occur?

1 Like

Discussion will be right here!

I’ll edit the main post in just a bit for scheduling etc. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m getting ahead in my reading because I know I will fall behind and

“I hate affected, niminy-piminy chits!”

kinda sums up my mood right now :rofl:

7 Likes

I’ve read chapters 1&2. I’m feeling so bad for Jo.

Also I’m annoyed with how good they are all being. There’s gotta be more teenage angst and rebellion incoming, right? Please?

3 Likes

I haven’t been motivated to read with my eyeballs lately so I’ve switched over to an audiobook which I can read while trying to do boring configuration stuff at work.

How’s everyone else doing with the book?

2 Likes

I am out. I tried and read a few chapters but it was boring me to tears. I guess my tastes have not changed since my elementary school days!

1 Like

I am finding it hard to want to read. I’m going to try to grab an audio version so I can listen while I knit or work. That might work better for me.

I’m really enjoying it, even though I just read a couple of scenes that made me cringe really badly (the pickled limes!!!). I’ve read it so many times, it’s a warm and comforting reread for me.

1 Like

I’m just reading that part now! Who eats pickled limes???

2 Likes

I haven’t gotten the book yet. There’s a wait for the book at the library. I tried to download either an ebook or audio book but my tablet couldn’t figure out what to do with the file. I just want to read a book not download apps and deal with passwords and security and so on. I am just so over needing an app to do simple things. Not sure yet if I’ll cave in and deal with technology or just punt on this one.

2 Likes

Can you read it in your web browser here?

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/514/514-h/514-h.htm

1 Like

I felt some of that when I did a recent audiobook reread — the Pilgrim’s Progress intertext stuff is NOT my jam and I had forgotten how heavy handed that is — but I got really into it as things went along. There are some trying moments but I felt it ultimately held up to a reread.

1 Like

Yes that works! I will see how far I get with it.

Can we make pickled limes as part of this read a long?

Also I should start reading.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I am the same, but I should have a copy by next week

1 Like

Reading by listening is going quite well. I’m actually starting to like it! I think Mrs. March is good people.

5 Likes