June 2020 Book Club--The Vine Witch by Luanne G Smith

I finished Attachments last night so will be starting this one today.

3 Likes

I just picked this up again last night. I like the world itself so far, and I think the author is good at atmosphere. Iā€™m not so sure about plotting/character building/sensibility yet, but Iā€™ll always take good atmosphere.

2 Likes

Iā€™m about 10% of the way into this and not sure yet how I feel. Itā€™s at least got my interest so that I want to find out what happens.

2 Likes

Iā€™m about halfway through. Iā€™m enjoying it, actually. It is not a masterpiece of fiction, but itā€™s light and not asking much of me and I am SO in for that right now.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t started and just realized the date.

1 Like

Right? Me too! Iā€™m so behind! I need to get on it!

Yeahā€¦Iā€™m really sorry folks, Iā€™ve dropped off the map when it comes to reading. Iā€™m not sure when Iā€™ll be able to climb my way backā€¦but Iā€™ll let you know when I do?

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be able to read this when my library hold comes through inā€¦ two months.

2 Likes

Started last night and made it to chapter 11 before my eyes closed. Iā€™m doing ok with it so far. Going to keep at it today.

What I enjoy about all these book club selections is that these are all books I never would have selected on my own, so Thank You!

2 Likes

Finished. Itā€™s one of those stories where it feels like both very little happened and also a ton happened - not sure what others are feeling about that. I guess in some ways itā€™s a bit like a movie where the first half to two thirds takes place over time and the last part is likeā€¦ all in one hour. :slight_smile: Thatā€™s what struck me most about the pacing.

I liked the atmosphere a lot and like I said earlier, a nice light easy book felt wonderful.

2 Likes

Finished this on Sunday. It was a nice light read as advised above.

2 Likes