Job-hopping isn't bad & how to beat the job-stealing robots ft. Nicolle Merrill

Originally published at: https://www.ohmydollar.com/2020/02/14/nicollemerrill/

We all know careers aren’t the same as they once were. Nicolle Merrill joins us to discuss why job-hopping is actually an advantage, how to “network” when you’re an introvert, how she drunk career coaches, and what the first thing people might ask you to do in different cities.

About Nicolle Merrill

Photo provide by Nicolle Merrill.

Nicolle Merrill is the author of Punch Doubt in the Face: How to Upskill, Change Careers, and Beat the Robots. In her book, Nicolle upgrades career advice for the future of work by translating the headlines about robots taking our jobs into a practical guide for our new world of work.

Nicolle excels in professional reinvention and non-traditional careers. As a liberal arts graduate, Nicolle has written for Four Seasons and National Geographic private jet tours, taught digital communication skills to global executives, and sold adventure travel programs in New Zealand. As the former Associate Director of the Career Development office at Yale School of Management, she coached hundreds of MBA students through their career transitions.

Nicolle speaks on the future of work and upskilling while freelancing as a conversation designer and analyst at an artificial intelligence startup.

Oh My Dollar! news

We are having another Talking Dough and Eating Donuts livestream this Sunday at 11AM Pacific to discuss lifestyle inflation. Subscribe on youtube and hit the “bell” icon for notifications to get an alert when we go live.

We’ll continue this discussion on the Oh My Dollar forums, a friendly, nonjudgemental online community about money – come join us, we’re nice!

Email us any financial worries, successes, or health care questions at questions@ohmydollar.com or tweet us at @anomalily or @ohmydollar.

This show is made paw-sible by listeners like you

We absolutely love our Purrsonal Finance Society Members, the folks that generously support Oh My Dollar with $1 or more a month on Patreon – and have made is so we have free, full transcripts for every show.

This episode was underwritten by patrons Tamsen G Association, Galina S and Warrior Queen. To learn more about being part of the Purrsonal Finance Society and get cool perks like cat stickers, you can visit ohmydollar.com/support

Other Episodes You Might Find Interesting

Episode Transcript (supported by our Patrons and provided by DSW Transcription) is coming soon!

3 Likes

Ok dumb question… Uh… I don’t actually see the thingy that lets me play the episode? Am I blind or is it not there?

I don’t see it here but the episode is up in the apple podcast feed!

3 Likes

Yea that was on me! It’s fixed now. Forgot to put the embed in.

4 Likes

Glad I’m not crazy :crazy_face:

1 Like

Husband really liked this one!

2 Likes