Introduce Yourself Here

Welcome, and what Oro said – I’m sorry it’s so rough for your friend right now!

1 Like

You are a very generous friend! Welcome.

Any chance of any aid agencies being a good resource your friend?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I wish you and your friend the best!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! You have a very kind and generous soul. May your friend land softly when she finally sets down roots, and may you feel the joy of helping another person.

5 Likes

Hello, I am Sue. 46 year old single empty-nester in Texas USA.

In the last 10 years I went from a single mother on welfare making less than $20K a year (with no college degree) to now having a Bachelor’s degree, a salary of $75K, plus rental property income of $19K and owning two houses ( 1 I live in and 1 is rental property). I never dreamed I’d be where I am now! I did this all by myself ( well God has shown me the way)! Im happily content being single so have no other partner to provide a 2nd income. But for 1 person I am very comfortable so no complaints!

Now my focus has turned to investing and retirement savings. Looking forward to learning more.

22 Likes

Your success has been amazing. Congratulations for improving your situation - that takes tons of sustained effort. You are tough and unstoppable.

4 Likes

Welcome!

Yay single and raking in the monies!

1 Like

Hi Sue! I’m a 41 y o single parent in Canada with a master’s that I don’t use and some rental properties. I’m glad you’ve joined us.

8 Likes