Introduce Yourself Here

HIIIIII FRAND!!!

5 Likes

Hi rodeo!

3 Likes

Welcome to… your first rodeo then I suppose? :thinking:

Have a meme!

22 Likes

This is the beginning of great friendship, I can feel it in my bones.

12 Likes

Please, join us in the Meme-ing our way through the apocalypse and funny thing I saw today threads. :raised_hands:t2: Arguably my greatest service to humanity over there.

16 Likes

Hi! I’m Elle and I know a creepy amount about you. You may obtain videos of my family from meow so that the scales are even

10 Likes

Hello Elle, thanks for being honest about the knowledge you have obtained, I’m sure we can come to some kind of equilibrium of mutually assured creepiness. Just give it time.

11 Likes

This is so cool to have you join here @Rodeo - thanks for being such a good IRL friend to @Meowkins

5 Likes

Hi, I’m Maggie (cis, she/her). Originally from the upper-midwest and love Irish music, thus the username!

I’m 30 and just moved into a house in the burbs with my lovely partner. I have the most wonderful floof, and you can see him in his Halloween hat in my profile pic.

I’ve been obsessed with budgeting and growing my ever-evolving spreadsheet since I graduated college. Most of my 20’s I was really transitory and didn’t make much money, so I had to budget hard (I’m mad lucky though because no college debt). Now I’m living in a home my partner just bought, in a suburb, with a CAR, in a good job I plan to keep for the foreseeable future and it’s kind of freaking me out! Life has become a lot more settled all of a sudden.

I think my main goal on here is to learn travel hacking tips. I’ve gotten out of the habit of traveling the last 4 years or so and find myself feeling anxious and fearful about things that used to feel easy and fun. I want to feel free despite my new, more traditional lifestyle.

I don’t really know how to use forums so I hope this intro is ok! Any tips on forum use/community norms would be fabulous!

29 Likes

This is an excellent intro! Welcome!

3 Likes

Hi Maggie!

1 Like

Welcome!

People are pretty nice to each other here, so don’t be an asshole and I’m sure you’ll get along fine! But also, I’m sure you wouldn’t be an asshole. You seem very lovely and you’ll fit in great. Plus, you have a cat. That gives you extra bonus points. :innocent:

One of my very favorite musicians in named Maggie, so I already like you.

8 Likes

Maggie Rogers, maybe?? Cuz I adore her!

4 Likes

Another Maggie Rogers fan, yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!

7 Likes

Hi everyone, I’ve been lurking here for a few months since starting to listen to the OMD podcast and reading Lillian’s book and I thought I would finally come out of the shadows and introduce myself!

I’m Meg (she/her), late 30s, single, living just outside Vancouver, BC with my cat, Charlie. I recently medically retired from my federal public service job and I’ve been spending the past year or so trying to figure out what my life is about now that I don’t work. After going through the long term disability process (fucking nightmare even with amazing benefits), I realized I need a way better handle on my money, which at some point led me here.

I spend a lot my time resting or crafting. I knit, sew and dabble in all the other fibre arts and I’m hoping to convince my parents to let me build a small studio on their farm, which is 3 minutes down the road (apartment life = never enough yarn storage). I also “volunteer” at my parents farm, helping them with some of the farm management. Also, I love planners and I have been enjoying the latest live streams a lot :smile:

Anyway, I’m glad to be here and I’ve already learned a lot from lurking and hoping to learn more. oh and meet some folks!

28 Likes

Welcome!
We have some things in common! I’m originally from the interior of BC, now living on the prairies. 5ish years ago I had to leave my (provincial) government job and go on long term disability. YES that process is pure hell. Having the safety net of LTD available has been incredible, though. Without it I would be on welfare, living a drastically different life.
I’m glad you came to join us!

11 Likes

Welcome!!

3 Likes

Hello! I just signed up. I’ve been using the MMM forums on and off since 2013. I just had an in-person reunion with someone I met from there years ago and was inspired to join her here.

I’m a 43 year old female (she/her/hers) living in the Midwest with my partner of 5.5 years. I quit my job in 2019 to go back to school and between then and now hit my full FIRE number, so I don’t know if I’ll end up working again?

20 Likes

Hi Rosie and Meg
Meg, I am possibly now late thirties but deal a lot with disability affecting my workability. I am excited to be friends!

Rosie I have also been near MMM forums (well not so much since OMD) since 2013 ish and in my case my habits are now good but my finances look like someone threw a pile of mail in the air

9 Likes

Very cool that you have hit your FIRE number. Welcome (glad to have another Midwesterner here).

5 Likes