Introduce Yourself Here

Welcome!

2 Likes

Hello! I recognize your name from MMM. Congratulations on baby#2.

2 Likes

Hello, welcome, and congratulations! It’s always nice to see another family with a stay-at-home dad!

3 Likes

Thanks! I think stay at home dads / working moms are awesome! And vice-versa!

5 Likes

Thank You!

1 Like

Hi, I am Cassie which is my favorite dog’s name. We have done a lot of Maltese dog rescue. We have been frugal forever which is how I was able to stay home until all 3 kids were in school and then get a couple of college degrees. Retired 8 years ago at 58. Still do some consulting because it’s fun. We have done a lot more traveling and enjoy going to all the local events because we now have the time. I loved my career in human services but there’s more to life than just working.

16 Likes

Hello! Welcome Cassie! What kind of traveling is your favorite to do? I like to go on really long (days/week-long) train trips, but I think that will be easier in retirement.

Let me know if you need anything while you settle in to the forums, I’m one of the mods!

1 Like

Thanks so much! We bought a used motor home because we had 4 dogs. We took some great trips visiting national parks but quickly realized we could only stand it for a month. It was older so no slide outs. We have also taken train trips. Our favorites have been 4 trips to Europe. We had one planned for a month trip to 5 countries in Europe with some of the time spent with my son and his wife. We were also supposed to visit her family in Poland who are wonderful. Sadly that’s been cancelled. We also enjoy cruises but now don’t know if we will take another one. We get a inside cabin and I cannot imagine being quarantined in one. We also enjoy travel in our own country. It’s especially nice to not be constrained by vacation time.

5 Likes

Hi Cassie, it’s nice to see you here!

Hey, I’m Shaipie (fictional internet name) and I’m from Finland. I’m female, in my mid thirties and work full time as a nurse. I’ve been interested in personal finance for some years now but lately I have been slipping pretty badly as the pile of receipts (over month’s worth) can testify. I need to get back into some kind of financial shape and start regularly using YNAB again. I also have some decluttering aspirations and maybe I’m going to start journaling again too, who knows. This seems like a nice place anyway. :slightly_smiling_face:

23 Likes

Welcome! glad to have you on the board.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Hello! Glad you are here.

Welcome Shaipie! Do you want a finnish location badge? I think you’re our first Fin! Perhaps a moose?

3 Likes

Thanks, everyone. :slight_smile: That sounds like fun! Finland’s national animal is the brown bear but I also like moose and we got plenty of them as well.

6 Likes

Welcome Shaipie!

Ooh, is there a baguette badge?

2 Likes

Welcome! My grandmother spent a lot of her childhood in Finland (though she was born in the US) and was a nurse, so I feel an immediate connection to you :smile:

2 Likes

ohhh we can definitely make one @eny!

2 Likes