Introduce Yourself Here

You will fit right in! :heart:

(Everyone, please just take this as good natured self deprecating humor and I’m not meaning to be snarky! …I’m having anxiety about posting an anxiety joke, which while ironic, necessitates a disclaimer…)

18 Likes

I looked up chinchillas and they look so fluffy. Welcome Jams!

2 Likes

Welcome! I had a science teacher who kept a chinchilla as a classroom pet. I was endlessly fascinated with the chinchilla but he did not like attention, let alone pets or cuddles.

2 Likes

Welcome, Jams!

(Also there is a Share Your Pets thread here, just so you know :wink: )

4 Likes

They are SO soft! Like little clouds! When he “allows” me to pet him, it is heavenly.

2 Likes

^^ this is for you, but mostly for us

7 Likes

oh my goodness I am so happy I joined this forum

9 Likes

Welcome, Jams! Congratulations on your impending debt payoff and, as you have already seen, you will fit right in here :smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @jams!

Thanks everyone! Super excited :grin:

1 Like

I’ve been lurking for a while but thought I’d introduce myself! I’m Emily (emchap in places where I can snag the handle, @eachapm on twitter where alas I cannot); I work in support for a company that makes help desk software. I make a high income but I live in Los Angeles, which is unfortch bananas expensive. I have one very needy cat, and am increasingly certain it’s time to move on from LA (I cannot do another summer here and it’s only going to get hotter).

I don’t have a car and WFH normally; despite being pretty in-the-house anyway it’s been surprising how much covid has messed with me. My lease isn’t up until next year and so I’m using that time to see where I want to move. Right now, the strongest contender is Portland.

I turn 30 next year and for basically entirely emotional reasons it’s a big goal of mine to own a house/condo/whatever, and now that I’m on the precipice of that actually maybe being possible while everything else is so unstable, it’s anxiety producing. So, most of my money feelings this year are focused on that. :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Welcome to the forum! :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome! There is a thread just for pet photos here somewhere.

4 Likes

Hol up. You’re the help desk help desk?

10 Likes

Welcome!

The official Share Your Pets thread is here:

3 Likes

I am! It’s kind of fun, it means everyone I talk to mostly does the same job as me elsewhere except their website sells like flour or online dating or budgeting software.

12 Likes

ONE OF US, ONE OF US :joy:

I mean, welcome to the forum!

8 Likes

Do you even get to say that anymore? :joy:

5 Likes

One of us? I meant in terms of luring people to Portland haha.

6 Likes

I think Clare-Dragonfly’s comment was because you left the city of Portland.

3 Likes