I Will Teach You to Be Rich: Podcast Gossip and Discussion

Also this times a billion, lol. I have to be in a specific mood to listen haha.

5 Likes

yes exactly! and also the opposite ā€“ there are lots of guys out there who would try to get me to buy their soup and pay their phone bills as well. after exactly two of those, i also started filtering partners by their ability, willingness, and desire to treat me.

clearly this guy has some baggage around being financially taken advantage of and thatā€™s ok! whatā€™s not ok is refusing to see that, or get help to shift it so that he can be a generous partner with someone who is also generous to him. this dude just thinks his way is the correct way. sad!

8 Likes

I believe the technical term for that is a scrub.

8 Likes

not even a best friend with a ride to hang out the passenger side of, smh

ugh why are scrubs so cute, tho? 35 and under madge would like to know

9 Likes

Bahahahaha! :rofl:

6 Likes

If Monique and Pablo is the episode Iā€™m thinking of - I recall that at some point early in their relationship, he quit his job, moved to be near her and didnā€™t work for two years. He lived off of his savings during that time.

I was floored by that, and found that very co-dependent. How about a long distance relationship? Getting a job in her city?

Did anyone else find that really odd?

4 Likes

Yeah, I thought that was weird! It was like ā€œI didnā€™t work so I could be with you!ā€ Which, in some places of course you need a work Visa which you might not be able to get, but maybe thatā€™s not the best course of action in terms of responsibility, and not something to hold over someoneā€™s head.

4 Likes

I wasnā€™t listening very closely at that point, I didnā€™t know why he was no longer at his prior job and thought he was maybe job hunting while also helping her with homework or whatever. I think that also didnā€™t come up till later in the second episode and I was like WHAT how was this not brought up sooner??

3 Likes

I have successfully implemented one of the lessons Iā€™ve learned from listening! I have spent, multiple weeks in a row, money on pure convenience. And here they are, I am obsessed:

Summary

I bought them first because there was a sale and they were cheaper than plain greens but I got these two full price! I have never had one of these before but the Aldi ones use mostly cabbage and shredded carrots and kale so the greens are sturdy and not at all bruised or slimy. Also OMG I love the junky dressing and fun little add ons! Sometimes I dress it up with extras and sometimes not but holy crap Iā€™m sold on these.

I love salads. Like I crave them all the time. I know, I know, itā€™s super weird, lol. Iā€™ve liked them ever since I was a little kid though! So crunchy and fresh and you can put anything in it? Anyway, for husband a salad is never enough for a meal even if I put half a chicken and a bucket of cheese on it, lol. I donā€™t eat salad nearly as much as I like because of that but I crave it a lot. These are prefect. And theyā€™re really great for limited mobility/high pain days like today, you can literally just open and dump them in a bowl! Thatā€™s it! I know Iā€™m probably way late on the uptake with this, but Iā€™m really excited and I think husband is approaching his event horizon in terms of listening to me gush about these bag salads :laughing: .

27 Likes

ooh i get these at trader joeā€™s sometimes ā€“ the southwestern one with lime dressing and cotija cheese and crunchy lil tortilla bits is my fave.

good job spending money to increase joy without increasing pain/energy demands!

10 Likes

I love salad kits. I canā€™t stand to hand-make a salad for some reason, despite being adept at most other forms of cooking. The kits just have so much texture and flavor!!!

7 Likes

For me itā€™s an issue of having to buy a whole unit of X and Y and Z and Q and W for me to make a salad Iā€™ll like, but then I need to make sure I get through X and Y and Z and Q and W all before something turns, and usually at least one thing doesnā€™t get used up. Or Iā€™m tired of eating one particular thing thatā€™s difficult to incorporate into other meals for whatever reason.

10 Likes

True, you can get a lot more types of salad by buying the kits. Otherwise you are doomed to eat the same salad until stuff is gone.

2 Likes

I just hate all the chopping and washing!

4 Likes

Wizard and I often get the TJs southwest salad kits. They are amazing on long, stressful days when you need to eat some cabbage slathered in dressing.

3 Likes

Are there days you donā€™t need to eat cabbage slathered in dressing?

4 Likes

Pretty much all days are better with cabbage slathered in dressing.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I thought.

This is way off topic now.

This is delicious. I add carrots and red onions, and use Worchestershire sauce because I prefer it and donā€™t keep fish sauce. I havenā€™t made it in ENTIRELY too longā€¦

Red Cabbage Slaw Recipe - Dennis Lee | Food & Wine

2 Likes

Yummmm. I miss salad so much. And Iā€™m the only one in my house who likes it. Maybe I should see what kinds of kits our grocery store hasā€¦

4 Likes

I havenā€™t made this one in a long time, but this is good with either napa or red cabbage ā€“ I used to make it with red cabbage a lot when we were in Beijing:

PS: I totally missed that this was the IWTYTBR comment thread. But I first started following Ramit when I lived in Beijing, so thats the circle of life for ya!

3 Likes