I was a guest on a podcast, found appropriate private insurance, invested $1,800

This week I invited myself onto a podcast talking about life on #Canadian disability.

The hunt for private insurance is over I found myself a health and dental that will cover about 90% or $10,000 for the year on prescription drugs. Plus an insurance provider that will cover me for critical illness (excludes multiple sclerosis) but covers 22 or 23 other disabilities.

The savings is where I work towards becoming self-insured. I got a quote for replacement income insurance due to illness or injury they would give me anywhere from $1,000 to $3,000 a month for 112 days. Which is basically a 3 month emergency fund.

Based on this search for private insurance while disabled. You really have to have your own private insurance the minute you are born and that is on the assumption you are not born with a disability.

Also this week I’m working on a slide presentation for a YouTube series on my channel might keep the title “7 Steps ODSP to financial stability, ESCAPE POVERTY AND BUILD WEALTH!”

For August I’ve invested $1,800 in my Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP)

9 Likes