How are you viewing the eclipse?

Remember not to look directly at the sun, but things with lots of holes will make fun shadows!

Stay safe!

6 Likes

Oh man I forgot about this lol. We’ll get to see a partial eclipse right around when we hit 1000 hours outside for my older daughter for the year! Awesome!!

5 Likes

4 Likes

It is noticeably darker to the south here in SLC and the light is just very weird. We are at 90% eclipsed. So cool.

3 Likes

We are pretty far from the path of the actual eclipse, but we could see a partial from here… if it wasn’t raining. :sob::sob::sob: My kid got a pair of eclipse glasses at our CSA and is really excited about the eclipse! Thankfully he’s pretty happy with the NASA website as well.

There’s also a NASA livestream on YouTube but it’s a lot of people talking, not just pictures of the sun.

2 Likes

We saw it! It was happening right as we left the judo tournament to head to gymnastics this morning. One of the judo moms had a pair of glasses and we all took a turn looking through them. It was so neat, and the sunlight was still sunny around us, but looked weird.

4 Likes

I forgot about it and was indoors at a friend’s birthday brunch. Whoops!

1 Like

I had a stressful but successful Friday trying to find a campsite in the eclipse zone in SE UT.

I was surprised by how not dark it got compared to the total eclipse in 2017, though the light did change. What changed even more noticeably was the temperature! In a place with big day/night temperature swings, we had an over 20 degree (F) swing during the eclipse.

3 Likes

Yeah it was noticeably cooler! And the… Quality if the light changed near the peak here (75%ish, I think? )

2 Likes