Halloween 2019

Now that Budgetober is upon us, it’s time for all things Halloween! Costumes, snacks, decorations, cute ghosts—share it all!

Please consider putting anything gory/actually scary behind a spoiler. Any requests for specific items that you’d prefer not to see?

6 Likes

bookmarking this thread

YAY HALLOWEEN.

1 Like

I’ve been invited to a Brexit-themed halloween party- I’m a bit at a lost for costume ideas that aren’t super depressing :neutral_face:.

1 Like

I’m going as a peach, and then I will have a peppermint candy necklace and devil horns on…

Imp. Peach. Mint.

(It’ll be a three person costume for breakfast on the bridges).

I think that’s topical without being depressing (to me, I know it isn’t that way for everyone), and isn’t what I originally wanted to do, which was go as Gentleman Jack, which my pocketbook and schedule will not allow for at the level of historical costuming detail I usually go for.

5 Likes

Ooh, that’s an avenue of costumes I hadn’t thought about…
A stop sign painted with shamrocks on my back, maybe. Or 50 newspaper articles…

1 Like

This took me a second and then I laughed REAL hard.

1 Like

I probably won’t dress up this year, but I suggested my friend and her partner go as Fleabag and Hot Priest, and then dress their chihuahuas up as foxes.

2 Likes

I have obtained a witch hat that fits so I will finally have a good witch costume (other items will just be my clothes and depend on the weather).

My mom got my toddler a dinosaur costume at a consignment sale, so he will be the world’s cutest dinosaur.

2 Likes

I have absolutely no ideas whatsoever for a Halloween costume. This is true most years, and I end up half-assing something like witch (I have loads of witchy dresses), bellydancer (I used to perform in a troupe and still have some of the costuming), or just tossing on some sort of wig and mask.

This year I want to do something fun! I have to come up with something for the Halloween event we go to every year (which this year is on Nov. 1 due to some issue with the venue’s availability, which just seems all sort of wrong.) Maybe I’ll use this space to brainstorm some ideas.

3 Likes

I am going to be candy corn and baby will be a bat. I ordered little acrylic candy corn pieces to make some sort of accessory with.

4 Likes

Also a thrifting score!

We’ll probably get trick or treaters in our new neighborhood. We’ve never had them before and we’re looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Turns out I will vest in the state pension on Halloween, so I need something comfortable (I’m running an hours long event at the university) that involves a giant-ass vest. or a super-obvious vest, or something. I’m not coming up with many ideas so suggestions are welcome.

4 Likes

Red and white stripes like a candy cane so you can be an in-vest-mint?

5 Likes

We are making alternative Halloween plans because the Nov. 1 “Halloween” event that we go to every year apparently does not even start until midnight (if we’re lucky) due to a concert beforehand at the venue? Oof. Too old to do that after a full workday. This bums me out. But we might’ve found an alternative. Which of course is on the 19th so I have a couple weeks less to throw together a costume.

Hm. Maybe I will just recycle something I did in a past year. It’s nerd-themed, and I went as Killer Frost from Flash a couple of years ago. Hm.

1 Like

And wear devil horns and then you can be a bad in-vest-mint!

2 Likes

Not sure that’s the day of all days I want to be a bad investment. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Then a Halo?

1 Like

An angel in-vest-ment?

2 Likes

Hah!

Ooh, or wings!

This is getting complicated… :slight_smile:

1 Like