Gold Star Parenting

GUUUUURRL

All hail

2 Likes

That is definitely some gold star parenting there! We are working our way there but both kids sleeping at the same time is parenting goals!

1 Like

There is literally no other goal I care about at this age. :joy: You will be there soon! How old is the babe now, 2 months? BB is 5 months and it’s been a long time coming.

1 Like

Yup! Baby is 2 months. We’re getting there though!

1 Like

:star: that’s brilliant!

1 Like

I am not a Crafty Mom. But yesterday I was possessed to try and finger paint with Latte with some hacks I found online, and since she’s been liking wearing her smock for meals. And it went well! :exploding_head: she enjoyed it, easy clean up, no tantrum about stopping. Incredible.

It ended up a little “left for dead” aesthetic, but tis the season.

13 Likes

Fun!! I’m glad it was a success :grin:

I sat Pipsqueak down on a big piece of flip chart paper with crayons a few days ago and she was thoroughly unimpressed. Guess we aren’t there yet developmentally.

4 Likes

Good one. Painting is the worst.

5 Likes

I made disaster mess muffins and the experience neas clearly a sensory delight

11 Likes

I need to do a few more gold star painting days before snow. I’m not ready for indoor painting

5 Likes

We made bread men.

Am I on the hook for a breadman with sprinkles everytime I bake bread now? Yes.
Are they gingerbread men? No. Literally the same dough from the loaf of bread cut with a cookie cutter and then sprinkles added (no sprinkles for babies).

11 Likes

In the early evening, my kid likes to traverse the downstairs in circles over and over again.

This weekend I taught her to bend down and crawl under my legs when I’m sitting on the couch with my feet on the coffee table instead of getting upset that I’m blocking her route. Now I can sit and enjoy my wine more comfortably. :star2:

8 Likes

At whatever time vthis morning, hearing the dulcet tones of my child, I realized that he was using other parent’s name and advised other parent that he was wanted. An hour later, feeling guilty I got up to join them and found them absorbed in cartoons together. So I am back in bed, guilt free

10 Likes

Took the straps off her booster and soaked and scrubbed them.

7 Likes

Define good star. Strap scrubbing is one of my top hated chores because it meant uninstalling and deconstructing the whole damn seat, then reverse that whole process.

3 Likes

Bella turned 2 in October and she officially clears away her dishes after she eats and puts them in the sink. She also gets upset if she sees the light on in a room we aren’t using and she either turns it off or complains until we do it.

12 Likes

This is amazing. I’m very proud of her and her parents

5 Likes

I am also proud!!! Way to go!!

2 Likes

OMG. The kids love hanging out here, we’re safely under shade and out of the sun, I got to relax which means I’m doing better parenting the rest of the day. Worth every bit of :money_with_wings: money for the fence, mat and gazebo, :muscle: effort to make curtains for the sides, and :house_with_garden: storing the fence for a few years between kids.

The gold star is for working out our needs and how to meet them.

13 Likes

Sweet baby cage!

3 Likes