Funny Thing You Saw Today

My cousin just asked me a few days ago if I wanted to go to a comedy show in a town an hour away. I was like, uh, no, it has to be something pretty exciting for me to drive just half an hour away (I am spoiled by living in a great location). He and his wife are considering driving from Seattle for the show… almost a 4 hour drive :flushed:

4 Likes

I live in an inner suburb in Perth so everything I actually want to do is max 20 mins away, and then like everything else is hours by car or plane. Its either really close or really, really far.

4 Likes

17 Likes

“It is not our kangaroo,” Preyde told CBC Toronto with a big animal net slung over his shoulder.

“We were meant to be a hotel stop for this particular creature on its way to a zoo in Quebec. As the animal handlers last night were trying to unload the animal, it jumped over their heads and escaped,” he said.

“And now I have the illustrious job of going out and trying to wrangle this thing in the middle of farm fields in the middle of a snowstorm.”

I don’t think they’ve had media training.

18 Likes

I thought the exact same thing when I read that yesterday.

7 Likes

I’m cackling. This is gold.

5 Likes

There is a full series of Oshawa Kangaroo photos floating around Facebook right now. Here is a sample

The Oshawa Kangaroo still on the Loose

(still not caught)

10 Likes

Every quote was worse than previous. And where is it coming from?

3 Likes

The kangaroo? I would really love to know. And how far into its journey was it. There were two places I thought it could have come from (one being the Oshawa Zoo) before the article came out saying that the zoo was just it’s “Airbnb” essentially.

2 Likes

I’m personally a little delighted it’s running amok. Hopefully it is caught and safe soon.

9 Likes

13 Likes

My child is the gerber ghost pepper baby. My brother once left Carolina reaper coated almonds on the table when she was about 2 years old. I turned around to see her standing by the table with wide eyes. Somehow I guessed what had happened. “Did you eat this?!” Slow nod. “Do you need water?” Slightly faster nod. There was definitely more than one in her mouth- she had gone back for more. Stayed pretty damn calm the whole time.

Stinker still likes eating straight chili powder.

9 Likes

The commitment is impressive!

5 Likes

14 Likes

It is safely found.

‘The female kangaroo punched one of the officers in the face during the apprehension, Boileau added. “It’s something that he and his platoon mates will be remembering for the rest of their careers,” he told CBC Toronto.’

19 Likes

This has been a wild ride

2 Likes

17 Likes

17 Likes

12 Likes

14 Likes