Funny Thing You Saw Today

We didn’t have those! Ours were collected in a little paper book.

1 Like

Awww that’s no fun. I liked to pin mine to my shirt and brag about how many books I’d read lol

5 Likes

Spotted today in the IRS website. How many people does this actually apply to? How many giant checks had to be returned before this disclaimer was added to the site?

(note: this was on the estate tax page)

21 Likes

I have that problem all the time. Practically every day.

14 Likes

That’s as good as these ones.

This apparently included embezzled funds…so make sure you claim those!

(Ilegal bribes are also listed as a non-deductible expense)

22 Likes

I got this offer from Chase and thought it was such a terrific example of predatory bullshittery I had to share:

“With My Chase Plan you can choose a duration that works for you and pay over time for this or any eligible purchase of $100 or more— for a fixed monthly fee and no interest

10 Likes

much easier to get criminals for money laundering & tax evasion than the actual crimes (I just did my training on this for my contract job - nice thing, they need me to do the training for compliance, so I get paid for watching the poorly acted videos)

7 Likes

I just got an email offering that for a Christmas present purchase I’ve already paid in full.

3 Likes

Yes!! I mean, I got the certificate and my mom denied me the actual pizza eating :sob: :joy: :joy:

7 Likes

That is unfortunately unsurprising and very on-brand for you mom :laughing:

5 Likes

I do hope that you have since remedied the pizza deficiency

4 Likes

I sent the snippet to my husband and said “FYI before you do our taxes this year”
and he said “I pay by account debit, so we should be good”.

I wish I had his wit.

9 Likes

haha I know, so predictable right? :joy:

@Panda yes thankfully since moving out I have remedied the pizza deficiency adequately!

7 Likes

From the Carolyn Hax chat:

My mom used to get really upset at what she perceived as my half-assing. I’m 48 now, have a PhD and a thriving and influential career, and I still think there is very very little that’s worthy of my applying my whole entire ass. I’m not interested in burning myself by whole-assing stuff that will be fine if I half- or quarter-ass it.

19 Likes

14 Likes

Quarter-assing is the main kind of assing I do, TBH.

9 Likes

You also smartass.

7 Likes

I have a large ass a quarter of it is plenty.

6 Likes

13 Likes

I have said all of these things.
And I will again.

12 Likes