Funny Thing You Saw Today

I’m ded.

2 Likes

“They have eaten too many words.”

That is hauntingly beautiful :laughing:

5 Likes

Honestly it’s so good I’m doubting it was a bot lolol

5 Likes

Maybe it’s cuz I don’t know how those work but I always assume a person did it :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

A safe bet :joy:

I’ve honestly never been sure if that’s part of the joke? :see_no_evil:

1 Like

It’s like the new creepy pasta!

@Bracken_Joy I’ve seen the real ones made to replace journalists and stuff and usually they are just as nonsensical but much less entertaining.

3 Likes

15 Likes
8 Likes

20 Likes

Thank you for reminding my old ass self to drink a big glass of water after date night wine.

8 Likes

On a night of heavy vacation type drinking my sister will have everyone take “two blues and a pink” with a glass of water (ibuprofen and Benadryl).

4 Likes

XD Am I just too much of a worry-wort that I don’t take any (other than daily prescribed) drugs when I drink?? I worry for interactions and taxing of liver and kidneys!

8 Likes

Harm reduction nerd here! You’re really not supposed to mix Benadryl and alcohol, especially while drinking heavily, because they are both sedatives. It’s unlikely to out and out kill you, poisoning-wise, but it raises the risk of you not waking up if you vomit in your sleep, and people do die from that, or being too incapacitated in the case of an emergency, like needing to get out of the house if there’s a fire or something.

Mixing with ibuprofen is less troublesome, as long as you don’t make a regular thing of it and aren’t sensitive in the stomach to NSAIDS (like I am). If you are sensitive in the stomach, the combo increases the chances of an ulcer.

It’s acetaminophen and alcohol that you have to be really careful about mixing. That shit will shred your liver, and not enough people know about that.

23 Likes

:pray::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Thank you harm reduction batman!

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s like, harm-reduction-wise, it’s wild how many people don’t realize that alcohol, which is a recreational drug, while being one of the most commonly used and socially acceptable drugs (second only to caffeine), is also one of the most harmful and easy to fuck yourself up (not in a fun way).

There’s a bunch of versions of charts similar to this one floating around out there, but it gives some idea. I believe this one is based off of the research of David Nutt.

14 Likes

All of that said, I am no longer someone who abstains from alcohol, but I do try to practice harm reduction on myself. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

My sister is actually a health care provider. No one drinks like nurses! I’m sure it’s a risk tolerance thing, too.

3 Likes

Wow, I would not have expected meth to show such a low harm to others! That’s fascinating.

6 Likes