First Weekend In April $$$

Boy Howdy, folks, it’s time to report.

Friday: $0.99 for a book on Amazon. Post-apocalypse trash.

Saturday: $36.00 at the bar, ending in total drunkenness and mysteriously sleeping on the floor beside the bed.

Sunday: $70.60 in a brace of movie tickets, delivery sushi, and another book. Post-apocalypse trash goes so fast.

6 Likes

Friday: banana split at honest-to-God soda fountain, shared with my mother: $3.99 plus tax
Fuel for truck around $50
Fast food supper for us both going home $14

Saturday: curry paste from Amazon $10 (enough for eight meals)
Insulin for cat: $110
Hair clip and spray bottle $10
Bondo to fix cracked shower pan, hopefully: $27

Sunday: no money out but I’m going to have to redo the damn taxes to avoid paying to file. Also going to have to send the Feds a bunch of money sometime this week.

1 Like

Bondo is like god’s own miracle substance, innit?

Friday: $70-100 on an uber to a memorial (100 at confirmation, but 67 in email receipt… Or did it bill separately for the two legs?)

Saturday:
free! (other people money plus my coupon) trip to see captain marvel
free walk to console friend post breakup
$21 for tea, side salad and side of mushrooms at a restaurant
$25 for sweets for bereaved friend’s family
$48 for allergy meds and lube that won’t kill spermies

Sunday
$20 for two protein bars, cheese, and period supplies and another otc medication

1 Like

Friday: $0

Saturday: $38 Chinese delivery

Sunday: $72 groceries for the week!

Friday: $20 for coffees and coffee beans
Saturday:
gym- free
groceries - $35- mostly breakfast stuff
Chipotle for my husband- $10
Sunday:
Pho- $25

Weekend was mostly relaxing at home and eating.

I don’t want to think about this, but need to get back in to budgeting, so… I spent about $50 this weekend

Friday: 0? My firm hosted a happy hour upstairs and I went.
Saturday: 20. My (soon to be ex!) husband and I went out for a lunch with the kid, it was his last weekend in the city and it was gorgeous.
Sunday: ~60 in groceries, >50% of which was expensive stuff for a sort of impromptu goodbye brunch at my apartment.

2 Likes

I… don’t think I spent any money this weekend. We didn’t go grocery shopping; D went on Thursday because we urgently needed milk, and I’m going today because we urgently need milk again. My parents bought the toddler shoes/clothes and took us out to dinner.

No-spend weekend! Go me!

If you like it, please share the title! Or if you hate it.

1 Like

We went on a Costco trip.

'Nuff said tbh.

2 Likes

Friday: $0
Saturday:
$60 on gardening supplies
$50 on an ENORMOUS amount of homebrewing supplies at an estate sale (wort chiller! Sweet propane burner thing so we can boil things outside! Huge strainers and spoons! Miscellaneous ingredients and cleaners!)
$12 on post-closing-night drinks and snacks
Sunday: $0

1 Like

$60 weekly groceries
$10 pork belly at the fancy butcher.
$35 dirt for the replacement raised bed in our backyard. The materials for the actual raised bed have been in our basement for an embarrassment of years.
$35 fancy needles for the pullover I am working on because I hate doing sleeves with the old needles and I didn’t ask the cost beforehand
$30 donation to the people who did the software we used for taxes

3 Likes

Friday: SSO was home for once on Friday, so we had nachos. This meant $7.48 on groceries.

Saturday: $3.17 on groceries at whole foods

Sunday: $4.48 on snacks at Trader joe’s for meetup; $13.15 for most of the rest of the week’s groceries at night at whole foods.

Total: $28.28 entirely in groceries. I think I can get through the week with the groceries I have.

2 Likes

I hope so. Haven’t tested it for watertight/weight bearing yet, but it looks promising.