Finishing 2021 Goals

So I apparently have 36 things currently on my to-do list…a couple of them are repeating weekend tasks (laundry, hunt down any lost dishes and wash them, make food for next week), a couple are hobby-type things to work on but don’t expect to finish, and a couple are work tasks to check off before Monday (joy). But on the list of things I really should get done before snow seriously gets started:

• Put together new shoe rack for entrance from garage (carpeted floors in winter…)
  • Fix insulation around door in from garage
  • Finish sorting out end of year donations
  • Confirm done with wood filler on new cabinet doors or finish if I find anywhere that needs patching (can stain inside, don’t like running sander)
4 Likes

Report on week 1:
*I walked 4 out of the 7 days. One day I was sick with side effects from my Moderna booster. So, I missed 2 days really. I think I’m going to aim for 4000 steps minimum to get this habit set again. If I aim too high, it is too easy to put off on days that I don’t feel like it, etc.
*I didn’t chain my PT and core work to the walking. But I’m restarting PT with my PT this week, so now it’ll happen. :wink:
*Have gotten some cleaning done in the basement and should finish this goal this week. Then I’ll just need to start actually using the weights.
*Have been journaling most days and that’s been a good way to clear my mind before going to read in bed.

4 Likes
  • Finished 2 books, both ones I already owned

• Knit a little bit on the pink afghan

• Did all my habits!!!

6 Likes

Okay, I need to get in on this!

Of my bingo goals, I am not going to put any more effort into completing: 15 walks/hikes, write 12 letters to elected officials (largely because I didn’t keep track), complete 3 embroidery projects, frame art, organize toys/books, give away 30 things. (Then again the books are much more organized in his bedroom now so maybe I should count that one?)

Goals that I will try complete:
12 witchy nonfiction books - 3 books needed. I am almost finished Year of the Witch and will aim to read Psychic Witch and Way of the Water Priestess.
12 books by BIPOC authors - 2 books needed. I am reading A Dead Djinn in Cairo and will aim to also read Last Night at the Telegraph Club.
Do not buy any clothes made of plastic and reach 3rd castle in Finnish are ongoing (though I doubt I will manage the latter). Pull a tarot card per month is also ongoing and will be completed.
Finish 3 knitting WIPs - If I can sew the buttons onto the baby cardigan and block the hooded sweatshirt and sew buttons on that, this will be complete.
Hang quilt - I need to stain the hanging thingies, wash/dry/iron the quilt, and then get D to actually put it up. That does sound like a lot of steps but they’re all discrete so I’d like to think it’s doable!

7 Likes

I have done my taxes. Rather, I have filled out the tax forms.

And printed them.

And ordered checks to be mailed to me so I can mail one in.

This is literally my only goal for this year.

12 Likes

They say the road to happiness is low expectations, MJ.

4 Likes

My bingo is a lost cause at this point. So I’m just going with two goals

1. Finish log cabin knitting project in time to give to N’s mom for christmas.
  2. Finish unpacking and hang art
    2a. Get frames and mats for any unframed/framed but unmatted art.
4 Likes

This is what I tried to explain to all of my teachers.

4 Likes

Ah! Found and updated my bingo. Assuming I close out the year still not drinking (Christmas is the anniversary roughly) then I hit bingo at least :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I had a list of things I wanted to get done for 2021. I wrote this 12/30/20.

I’m realistic enough to think that I won’t get all of these done. Maybe one or two?

✓Be able to walk barefoot in my home year ’round, comfortably. I think I can count this as done. It used to be that the house had cold floors. Between extra insulation and the heat pump, that problem is mostly gone. Both of us wander around in socks almost all day.

Be able to walk to the edges of all the rooms., in the closets, etc. This isn’t done, but is a LOT closer than it had been!

Use all the house’s area. See above.

Keep my desk and other horizontal surfaces tidy. Doing better, but needs work still…

Have enough, but not too much — both durable goods & supplies.

Eat well and frugally. and grow more of our food. Working on it, see note below.

Get necessary jobs done in a timely way.

Make some money from my writing and websites.

Keep up with the regular work.

Clean the house top to bottom 2x a year. Needs a lot more dedication than I’ve had.

Actually do all this and have enough time and energy left to enjoy the fruits of my labors!

The food part of this isn’t going to happen in 2021. I had really bad vertigo and brain fog this past spring. To the point where I couldn’t do our taxes. I’d add a column of numbers up and put it down. The next day I’d look at the number I came up with and had no idea wtf I’d done! :crazy_face:

Not to mention all the standing up and the world whirling around like you’re really drunk, when you know you. haven’t had a drop.

The idea of leaning over to plant seeds or transplant starts literally made me nausous. So, I bought a lot of plants that wound up in the compost pile because for a few months I literally didn’t know how standing up would be, much less anything else.

The yard needs a serious weeding too, because of this.

Anyway, the plan for spring 2022 is to have a larger, successful vegetable garden and grow a lot of our veg. But it didn’t happen in 2021, for good reasons.

4 Likes
  • Read 16 books (38/52 books read)
    * Got two more going right now
  • Make 10 of those books ones I already owned (7/15 read)
    * One of the two I’m reading is one I’ve had for a while
  • Spin at least once
  • Knit two more charity hats from stash
  • Get art on the walls
  • Finish the pink afghan
    * Little more done on this one

Habits:

• Re-start SoP practice/general AODA practice (3x/week)
    * Not done yet this week, so I guess I need to do that today, tomorrow, and Sunday to meet this one…
  • Re-commit to PT/stretching (3x/week)
    * Need one more big session this week
  • Do full ridiculous tooth routine (every morning)
    * Done so far
  • Get back into regular language practice (3x/week)
    * Not done yet, need to do today, tomorrow, Sunday
6 Likes

Update:
12 witchy nonfiction books - Completed Year of the Witch, so 2 books needed now; I’ve started Psychic Witch.
12 books by BIPOC authors - I finished A Dead Djinn in Cairo, so just 1 book needed now. I changed my mind and plan to read Wayward Witch.
Do not buy any clothes made of plastic and reach 3rd castle in Finnish are ongoing (though I doubt I will manage the latter). Pull a tarot card per month is also ongoing and will be completed.
Finish 3 knitting WIPs - No progress.
Hang quilt - No progress.

3 Likes

I made lists on what I need to do and buy. Tinselmas party invite list is made and Duckling will help me make them tomorrow, he’s keen to send an email and pick a picture for it.

4 Likes

I really love the Cairo books - they’re so fun. I definitely went through a bunch of them over the summer.

1 Like

I’ve gone through the first 3 now and have the fourth on hold!

1 Like

This week was kind of treading water, not horrible, but not great.

1. I walked 4 days (had fever two others from my Covid booster)
  2. Got my new PT exercises Friday, but haven’t done them yet. Need to get on this.
  3. No progress
  4. I journaled 4 days, I think, but didn’t do as well at turning off screens.

This week I’m hoping to be a bit more focused. A crisis with a friend took a lot of energy this week and I just couldn’t get consistency for my own stuff. Secondary stress and anxiety are horrible. But she’s safely getting care now, so hopefully this week will be better.

5 Likes

Was there a different chain started for this challenge or should we post on this one?

Update:
12 witchy nonfiction books - 2 books needed; reading Psychic Witch. I have an ILL hold that came in that may mess with my plans to read 3 other paper books by the end of the year—we’ll see how long it is when I get it :grimacing:
12 books by BIPOC authors - 1 book needed. I will read Wayward Witch.
Finish 3 knitting WIPs - No progress.
Hang quilt - No progress.

1 Like

I’m doing pretty well, I think. I walked 5 days this past week and did PT twice a day (after walking and before bed). It helps that I have very few PT exercises right now. I journaled 5 evenings and it really helps settle my thoughts before going to bed. I didn’t work on cleaning the basement, so no progress there.

4 Likes
  • Read 16 books (41/52 books read)
    • Dang, I may actually do the thing. 10-11 books in December is… not unheard of for me.
  • Make 10 of those books ones I already owned (8/15 read)
    • Rilke is good, how did I wait this long to read him?
  • Spin at least once
    • Yeah no
  • Knit two more charity hats from stash
    • Yeah no
  • Get art on the walls
    • Yeah no
  • Finish the pink afghan
    • More progress was made! I think it will be at halfway point in the next week.

Habits:

• Re-start SoP practice/general AODA practice (3x/week)
    • Really bad at this
  • Re-commit to PT/stretching (3x/week)
    • Doing pretty well at this
  • Do full ridiculous tooth routine (every morning)
    • Have done this every day! Go me! This is huge.
  • Get back into regular language practice (3x/week)
    • Yeah no
6 Likes