Escape Plans

Buy a smol apartment, save aggressively for a few more years, retire to writing fanfiction and flaneuring.

ETA: This is completely incompatible with having a Wizard in my life, who something something wants to live somewhere larger than 800 square feet and also to have a kid.

12 Likes

Sometimes I dream of the days when I only had 800 square feet to clean and no yard to maintain.

Do not miss not having a dishwasher though.

5 Likes

Somewhere nice? I’m picturing an old world European country?

4 Likes

I had not even contemplated that great of an escape. I was all “a nice little apartment near [nice local park] sounds so lovely” but it could also be “a nice little apartment near [nice local park in Spain]”.

6 Likes

Maybe we need a divergent thread. “Tiny escapes” like a bubble bath and Netflix. Or a walk alone in the park. Or a few nights in hospital.

3 Likes

My escape plan is my state expands Medicaid and I retire the next day.

Spain is probably more likely.

9 Likes

Is this a depressing ‘US healthcare broken thing’ and work provides insurance deal?

5 Likes

Yep. Poor people in my state don’t make enough money to get a government subsidy on health insurance.

4 Likes

Tonight I’ve requested a bath and at least some of the night in my own bed. But really anywhere that doesn’t smell of poo.

7 Likes

Best I can do is a bath with your kid and a 50/50 chance of someone doing a poo in it.

3 Likes

Nah, just did a poo partly on a book on the floor and the rest in the potty. AND since I’m still only on one outside kid I can beg my partner and get a solo bath!

Injured cat can’t be locked out though so still no privacy and might smell like poo

6 Likes

Oh yeah. It’s fucked once they’re on the outside. Well speaking as the one they were never inside of.

3 Likes

I quit and am now a completely location-independant artist so my plans going pretty well except no income from that venture yet and have spent money on it.

I now get a small amount of peace each day when someone else does school drop-off and takes both kids so that’s nice.

6 Likes

Hello. I’m reviving this topic. Because I’ve noticed a trend on the forum of people really need an escape plan (even if like totally hypothetical because we’re not going to blow it all up, fake our own deaths and run away…right? RIGHT?).

What you got? Where you going?

6 Likes

Obviously Zi won’t dissapear on the way home from the library tomorrow and spend a few days napping and doing spa sessions
Fucking 8 month okd won’t even ket me shower or sleep more than 2h. 3 year old hitting everyone

4 Likes

Anywhere not bitterly cold.

Well, I also don’t like it too hot.

Somewhere temperate. With good food and wifi.

5 Likes

I’m running away to a town in the deep forest about 20 minutes from the coast, several hours south of here, and becoming a very happy cliche.

6 Likes

There is a ferry that goes down the west coast of Patagonia, between all the little islands.

Just saying.

6 Likes

Will you driving it?

2 Likes

How can you even ask that?

3 Likes