Escape Plans

And she does this in MI where it gets a gazillion degrees below zero just like for us. Right now she’s worried that the lambs are not going to survive the single digit temps. Her tales of shearing sheep are enough to make me run screaming!

1 Like

Oh god yeah MI. The people I follow are in NC – much easier for keep lambs alive!

Move to the woods, have chickens and goats, trade with local alpaca and sheep farmers for wool to knit with.

1 Like

Ooh, mine is to sell everything and move into a kitted-out Kombi van and drive around the world seeing cool stuff and eating tasty food.

3 Likes

Watching Lumnah Acres on YouTube puts NH off any future plans. Six months of winter, pass. Their goats are cute though.

1 Like

Hahaha, I’m from Massachusetts so 6 months of winter is “normal” for me.

1 Like

LOL, I am from southern New England, and I wouldn’t consider it to have 6 months of winter. I am considering NH (MAYBE) once I figure my shit out. It will be secure once the water wars start… :wink:

(I am only kind of kidding…:scream:)

1 Like

Currently reviewing house & land prices for large blocks and small farms out near my grandparents farm. The weather and schools are shit but a tiny town and complete social isolation is vaguely tempting right now (as are the prices, we could afford one of these even standing empty and being useless as a family holiday home…)

4 Likes

It’s not a bad idea.

I’m glad, in some ways, that we’ve escaped out of the city.

I need to work on our evac bags as we’re now in a well known fire risk area.

1 Like

Just reviving this long dead thread…for reasons.

5 Likes

This is you, you are here.

8 Likes

A bit too mountainy for me. I lived on this island off the east coast of Malaysia for a few months in 2011.

11 Likes

Yeah, that’ll do.

2 Likes

Has anyone else watched the episode of Cat People on Netflix that is about the people who run a cat sanctuary on some Greek island? The whole time I was poking Boyfriend and saying WHY ARE WE NOT THERE DOING THAT RIGHT NOW.

6 Likes

My island (Palau Tioman) came with cats!

And can I just say, island cats are much preferable to island dogs.

9 Likes

And where do the island chickens rank?

3 Likes

Oh they can F right off. Well mostly the rooster.

2 Likes

Watching “Movin’ to the country”. Yes sign me up for a niche farming experience. I guess I’ll have to commute since Ponder likes the city but that just means I get breaks, yes? Maybe start that mulberry farm.

5 Likes

We’ve caught a couple of episodes of A Country Life for Half the Price and they’ve been pretty good.

1 Like

Just reviving this thread. I’m taking suggestions for islands to run away to.

How is everyone progressing their escape from life fantasies?

3 Likes