In the spirit of the Do Less thread, what are your easy go-to meals when you Just Can’t any more? The definition of “meal” is very loose - cereal counts, a very lazy charcutier board counts (aka some cheese and whatever crackers you found in the back of the shelf and the last two slices of lunch meat).
- PBJ or PB and banana sandwiches
- Ramen + frozen vegetables
- Noodles, jarred sauce. Meatballs if we have any in the freezer.
- Kitchen sink pasta. The day before the next grocery run, make pasta and throw in whatever odds and ends are still kicking around the produce drawer.
- Quesadillas if we have the ingredients handy
- Scrambled eggs with whatever produce thrown in and some cheese. Realistically this is often eggs, cheddar, and the least wilty spinach I can pick out and the rest of the bag goes in the trash because ew.
I have realized I need to work on freezer meals that are easier to reheat. Some of the things I divide up and freeze portions of take for-freaking ever to defrost/reheat so I end up never actually making them later, which kind of defeats the purpose. I should also check out Trader Joes next time I’m on that side of town, I hear great things about their freezer foods but have never actually gotten any.