Do I need to file a form 8606?

I’m trying to figure out if I need to file a form 8606 this year.

I rolled over a 401k to a traditional IRA. There were some after-tax contributions in there that are shown on the 1099. Do I need to show those on an 8606 to track my basis? And if so, how/where are they shown?

I also made a Roth IRA contribution; no 8606 needed for that.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

1 Like