Decluttering discussion thread: share your wins, ask for advice, inspire each other!

It’s a medium / dark rose color. The thin stripes are cream. It’s very pretty, but not me. It’s been packed away for years.

3 Likes

If the speaker unspeaks, I speak!!! lol

3 Likes

Or, you could do both? Use big hanging hooks, something big enough to take a pole, if you need one? Put the hooks on the side wall and make it so you can put a pole thru them, if needed?

I do most certainly like the other one as well, but you’re so right about same vibes haha

2 Likes

Delivered today. Sorry.

But here are the two “use up yarn ends” zigzag afghans if you are interested in either:

This one has bigger zigzags:

5 Likes

Damn I got not one but two zig zags for the baby. Or I totally would take ‘em

2 Likes

I think the decluttering is done. I’ve got a donation pile to take next weekend. I’m feeling pretty good about the amount of stuff in my house now.

8 Likes

Made $40 selling clothes I didn’t want on ThredUp!

22 Likes

Nice!! How long did it take from the time you sent them in?

4 Likes

Just checked, email says I mailed it in 3 months ago. There are two pending items that could be returned but otherwise it’s either sold or they’re getting rid of it. 20/30 items sold :star::star::star:

11 Likes

That’s a pretty solid rate!!

3 Likes

Sold a Hudson Bay blanket my parents got as a gift in the mid-1960s on eBay (via friend who sells on eBay).

Item gone, cash in - super win!

15 Likes

Twice a week we have “noticing time” and you can tidy, organize or clean anything that you think is a problem.

BB (age 13) noticed that we have trouble saying what cabinet/drawer/pantry somethng is in and I had joked that we should give them names like we do at work (we have Chewbacca, R2D2, etc.). This is a sample of what he came up with so we can properly discuss and remember where things go.

22 Likes

BB is funny!!!

3 Likes

I think I have identified several shirts on this trip which are no longer working as outside wear (semi-transparent, tshirt neckline acting weird). Do I throw them away now, and save a bit of suitcase room, or do I bring them home because it’s not fair to judge clothing at the end of a 3 week trip when things are a tad grumpy and they have been washed in a sink several times?

8 Likes

I’d personally toss the semi-transparent shirts, as that seems unlikely to change in different circumstances. The ones with weird necklines I would maybe or maybe not take back, depending on how much I liked them otherwise. I’m assuming you hadn’t worn them recently enough to know if the neckline had annoyed you before?

7 Likes

Agree on all points.

2 Likes

I usually abandon some clothes and shoes that have not survived vacation. Sometimes I pack with that in mind

4 Likes

I used to try and locate donation bins while we were (wherever) so that almost everything could be given away, if that’s what we wanted to do.

I did that with conventions for a long time, most of them were in Boston, I could find them ahead of time and then routed my drive back home out of state to go by them. I stopped doing that when I realized the cons I was attending all had “freebie” tables, and although most of it was books, as they were book-centered conventions, there was usually a table of clothes, dishes, etc.

2 Likes

BYE BYE SHIRTS

4 Likes